Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Nomic 1.0

Hybrid View

Default Nomic 1.0

This is a game of Nomic and the starting rules are as follows:

§001: Any player may set forth a motion to take some official action. Official actions include, but are not limited to, amendment of or additions of rules.

§002: All official motions must be in bold and italics and begin with "I make a motion to..." Additionally, official motions must end with "For the purposes of voting, this motion shall be referred to as [username]'s motion to...", followed by a summary of the motion's actions, with "[username]" replaced by the motion-maker's username. For example, one could say "I make a motion to promote Kyreles to the cerimonial position of The Creator of the Nomic. For the purposes of voting, this motion shall be referred to as Kyreles's motion to grant himself a meaningless title."

§:003 To vote in favor of or against a motion, one must declare one's vote by saying "I cast my vote [in favor of/against] [motion-maker]'s motion to [motion summary]." For example, one could say "I cast my vote in favor of Kyreles's motion to grant himself a meaningless title.".

§004: If at any point there are three votes from three different players in favor of a motion, the motion passes and is acted upon. If at any point there are three votes from three different players against a motion, the motion fails. If the motion passes, and requires that the rules be amended, the motion-maker must do this as soon as possible, and post the revised ruleset. If the motion-maker fails to do this within 48 hours of the motion's passage, the motion's state is changed, and it fails.

The State of the Nomic

Rules:
    Code:
    §001: Any player may set forth a motion to take some official action. Official actions include, but are not limited to, amendment of or additions of rules.

§002: Motions can be written in bold and / or italics for clarity, if you like or you can write them in an abbreviated form:
    "[motion summary] motion: [description]." 
    Example: "Meaningless Title motion: Kyreless will be granted the meaningless title of The Creator of the Nomic." There is no set format for motions to be submitted.

§003 Votes can be written in bold and / or italics for clarity, if you like. To vote in favor of or against a motion, one must declare one's vote. 

§004: If at any point there are three votes from three different players in favor of a motion, the motion passes and is acted upon. If at any point there are three votes from three different players against a motion, the motion fails. If the motion passes, and requires that the rules be amended, the motion-maker must do this as soon as possible, and post the revised ruleset. If the motion-maker fails to do this within 48 hours of the motion's passage, the motion's state is changed, and it fails. 

§005 Every player has the option to veto a motion once all by himself. After posting his veto the player must create a random character. If he manages to win the game and proves so by posting the .flg in the YAVP-forum, the motion is vetoed. If he fails, his veto fails. If the motion is passed by acquiring 3 approving votes before the game is ended, the motion is successful and the game is of no further influence on the motion.

§006 All participants in this game of Nomic have to make a choice. Either they join the pro-treasure hunter camp, or they have to join the anti-treasure hunter camp. Those who join the pro-treasure hunter camp have to edit their signature, adding a line that expresses their enthusiasm about treasure hunter. It doesn't matter what exactly you say, as long as it is clear to all that you would never give up on Treasure Hunter because it is the most awesome talent ever. Be creative! Those who join the anti-treasure camp also have to edit their signature, adding a line to express their disgust about the most miserable talent in ADOM, treasure hunter. 

§007 Each player may only propose one new motion at a time, and they can only do so if they don't already have any previous motions up for voting. 

§008 All Players are 'allowed to taunt grey in this thread'.

§009 In order to introduce a motion you must have voted on all outstanding motions

§010 If a motion is passed or cancelled while a player is attempting to veto it, the player may attempt to veto a different motion using the same game character.

§011 We create an ACCOUNT with username 'nomic'. It will have a public pass, so we can all edit the original post. We take all this mess we have so far, stick t in an initial post, then edit it as if it were a wiki.

§012 Players shall not be allowed to vote on their own motions. Also they shall be allowed to withdraw a motion they submitted by declaring they wish to do so. Furthermore, no player shall be allowed to vote more than once on each motion
    Open Issues:
    Code:
    Restricted-actions-motion (1 for, 2 against) Joe
    IT ARE PROOF motion (2 for, 2 against) grobblewobble
    stellian's motion of guilt and shame (1 for, 2 against) stellian
    Kyreles' motion to insert a plot (0 for, 0 against) Kyreles
    If there are mistakes let me know and I'll fix it.
    Last edited by Kyreles; 04-16-2012 at 03:03 PM.

I make a motion to require that the third motion in this game of Nomic involve ninjas.

Quote Originally Posted by Kyreles View Post
    I make a motion to require that the third motion in this game of Nomic involve ninjas.
    After reading Wiki I thought you were supposed to abide the rules and you just broke #2! Shame on you!

Quote Originally Posted by _Ln_ View Post
    After reading Wiki I thought you were supposed to abide the rules and you just broke #2! Shame on you!
    f.

I make a motion to introduce points into the game. A player shall be awarded two (2) points for each motion that player sets forth that is accepted into the rules. A player shall be fined one (1) point for each infraction of the rules. For the purposes of voting, this motion shall be referred to as Kyreles's motion to introduce points.
    Last edited by Kyreles; 04-05-2012 at 09:50 PM. Reason: grammer

... so, nomic gives one all the work and long-windedness of bureaucracy, but none of the money?
    "Whip me!" pleads the adom player. The rng replies... "No."

There can be currency system if it's voted into place. Then there can be gambling, duels, chess, adom challanges, demands to receive a postcard or whatever. Points can be money.

Cool idea. To be honest I doubt there is enough interest for Nomic, but I'll play along.

I don't really like the proposed point system, because when a motion you made passes this is already a succes and doesn't need an additional reward.

I cast my vote against Kyreles's motion to introduce points.

I make a motion to reduce text clutter. When making a motion or voting, italic and bold text styles will become optional, rather than obligatory. In addition, it will be allowed to do it in the following abbreviated forms:
    Motions:
    "[motion name] motion: [description]." For example:
    "Meaningless Title motion: Kyreless will be granted the meaningless title of FooBar."
    Voting:
    "I vote [for / against] [username's] [motion name] motion." For example:
    I vote for Kyreles's Meaningless Title motion.

For the purposes of voting, this motion shall be referred to as grobblewobble's motion for simplified motions.
    Last edited by grobblewobble; 04-06-2012 at 12:46 PM.
    You steal a scroll labelled HITME. The orc hits you.

I cast my vote against gut's 'a poor politician is a poor politician' motion.
    I cast my vote in favor of grobblewobble's motion for simplified motions

I cast my vote against gut's 'a poor politician is a poor politician' motion.(now 0 for, 2 against)
    I cast my vote in favor of grobblewobble's motion for simplified motions(now 2 for, 0 against)
    also 2 against Kyreles' motion to introduce points

I cast my vote against gut's 'a poor politician is a poor politician' motion
    I cast my vote in favor of grobblewobble's motion for simplified motions

Now that's done: 2 fired and one accepted and less clutter ftw!

Motion: AVV-motion (Adom Victory Veto). This gives every player the option to veto a motion once all by himself. After posting his veto the player must create a random character. If he manages to win the game and proves so by posting the .flg in the YAVP-forum the motion is vetoed. If he fails, his veto fails. If the motion is passed by acquiring 3 approving votes before the game is ended, the motion is successful and the game is of no further influence on the motion.