Thread: Squeak Troll Merchant

Default Squeak Troll Merchant

Second Attempt at posting, first attempt was just after registering & didn't seem to work.

Squeak Troll Merchant Level 11 Lawful

Started peachy, got the blanket, caught Kranaach, rescued the carpenter, made Neutral, got healing, became a member of the thieves guild.

Puppy cave things started to get more interesting. Ant level, River, stairs accessible. Cavernous room, river, chopping area in quarters. Blink dogs, wererats & jackalweres plentiful. Try building a few bridges, painfully tedious & difficult on this type of level. Randomly start testing some gear, ring of the fish, ok. Use my only Holy water to bless it, go swimming. Down stairs eventually located, rusty helmet, amulet, armour, gauntlets & hatchet. Get cute dog body.

Take out Hotzenplotz, head to unremarkable dungeon. Wererats & Jackalweres. Find vault, werewolf first foe. Him & summons killed, get further in, line of sight to V V and a white V. First time I've been glad to have a wand of door creation. Avoid vault continue on.

HMV bump into stonelord, concerned, start defending myself, you hit but fail to do damage, repeat a few times. Trumpets - Hawkslayer jumps in & kills stonelord in a half dozen swings. phew. Thanks mate! Get to gate. Either side of the Ratling Guardians, a hostile Jackalwere each! Hordes get summoned, Ratlings help this time. Eventually one dead Ratling later all jackals cleared. Sell loot, complete rubbish but I clear shopkeep out of funds with more junk to sell. My equipment is still quite ordinary, (& half rusty) best weapon so far a mithril scimitar +3, 1d8+4, lame. Got 15 scrolls of identify in various states of b/u/c, still no holy water.

Head for Dwarftown. Level 2, river, back track to level 1 & take alternate path, clear. Wererats & Jackalweres, getting sick of these guys. Level after Big Room, tension room. Full of.... JACKALWERES AGAIN, A WHOLE ROOM FULL, YOU HAVE GOT TO BE KIDDING ME! may have sworn a little at this point. Start slogging away, by now the Jackals are getting quite nasty, no healing, no piety, down to 8hp, better flee, wand of door creation, doh open, still coming, desperate, got nothing except a wand of far slayer, wait no.... bounces... dead.

Wow, that's some pretty bad luck there.
    Hoping to win with every class, doomed. Archer, Barbarian, Bard, Beastfighter, Druid, Elementalist, Farmer, Fighter, Monk, and ULE Priest down.

Should add that this is one of the reason why I love this game, fiendishly challenging at times

An interesting race/class though!

I shudder to think of the time you'd have had in the Pyramid at that rate.
    Wins: Gnome Assassin, Drakeling Mindcrafter, Hurthling Weaponsmith, Dark Elf Wizard, Dwarf Archer