Thread: Arena and invisibility

Default Arena and invisibility

So it happened, that my PC has got intristic invisibility from pool long before entering CoC. It seems quite useful for me, but inability to fight in Arena and learn from gladiator is no good.
    Is there any good way to remove invisibiility, except more pool-sipping? Does Potion of Visibility allow me to fight in arena?
    Or, maybe, there are some other ways of tricking the Arena master?

Potion of visibility will work, but you need to be very quick. If you have farsight and teleport or strong missiles, you might be able to do with one potion. Probably, you need two or three. Problem is the potions are very rare. 2-3 potions is more than you see in a typical game. Pool sipping is the only other way... but intrinsic invisibility is much better than Arena awards, IMHO. Be happy with the 2nd best intrinsic in the game and play through.
    Hoping to win with every class, doomed. Archer, Barbarian, Bard, Beastfighter, Druid, Elementalist, Farmer, Fighter, Monk, and ULE Priest down.

Yes, I'm sure that intristic invisibility is quite nice, and that's why I don't want pools. But with it and my 5d10 quarterstaff I feel such a lack of backstabbing.
    BTW, does duration of visibility from potion depends on B/U/C status and what way?

Ah. No need to worry, old dwarf just asked me to kill a cat. Arena is delayed on an unpredictable time.

I love the dwarf quests as much as the next guy, but if I'm permanently invisible and I'm asked to kill a cat even though I've spent all the time before not killing any, my reaction will be firmly along the lines of "fuck this".
    ADOM Guides - whatever you wanted to know about playing a certain class, but have been afraid to ask!

Check out my youtube channel to see my ADOM videos, including a completed playthrough of the game. I try to give instructions, so if you want to see some place you haven't been before and get some hints on how to deal with it, this might help! There's also some other games featured there that you might find interesting.

Quote Originally Posted by Spellweaver View Post
    BTW, does duration of visibility from potion depends on B/U/C status and what way?
    It does, blessed and cursed potions having longer and lesser-lasting effects as usual.
    "And light there be!"