Thread: Planning an Ultra on Elven Wizard

Threaded View

Advice about disablers on more dangerous monsters is a good one, somehow I never really cared to throw all those potions of confusion and/or blindness or use wands of para.
    As for the other advices, indeed I already know all that. What I'm wondering about is the alignment change to do crone's quests. From what I know it's best to do that early since on higher levels its much more difficult to go back from C to L, so I will attempt that at lvl 20. Right now I'm 18, banshee is in the forest, alchemy maxed. Wands of door creation and webbing in inventory so soon I will set up a Laguna cage. Banshee hit me once - crit for 40 HP, when I have 98, but otherwise no problems with her. Dual wielding shields since ID. I'm a pack rat so it will be very difficult to not rely heavily on SoA.

Edit: 1st major mistake: accidentally took the stairs up to dwarftown with banshee behind me and the town is hostile now. Ratling however is not, so I'm still in the game. But that was stupid :/
    Wanted to take her down to DH, but must have pressed the wrong staircase arrow <> and sage took me upstairs haha...
    Muscular dwarves showed up and the shopkeeper is hostile but the rest of them doesn't seem to care - guardians, regular dwarves are all neutral.

Oh and to make PoGA I would need pots of youth and longevity...

Edit2: 38 rings of djinni summoning, wish spell from potion of wonder = Ultra Archmage possible. Char lvl 23, all stats 50+\
    I'm cutting through all resistance like phase dagger through a giant rat. Fire temple done, minotaur emp gone, going for the RotHK now.
    I guess there's no point in updating this thread anymore, either I succeed and post a log, or die some horrific stupid death... and post a log anyway.
    Last edited by Blasphemous; 04-26-2012 at 02:43 PM.
    "Hell is empty and all the devils are here."