Thread: Banshee with ring of invisibility

Default Banshee with ring of invisibility

In my current game, I was going to the animated forest with banshee, as was customary in my family of elven wizards for the past 7 generations.
    On my way there, I stumbled upon a lesser undead vault that wasn't entirely pacified earlier.
    As such, some Gs and Zs had to be killed to make way and one of them dropped a ring of invisibility. Here's what happened next:

The banshee seems to scream! The banshee picks up the ring of invisibility.
    The banshee seems to scream! The banshee equips the ring of invisibility.

Now, upon closer inspection:
    This is banshe. She is hostile. She looks somewhat experienced. [M]ore.

So she did not become invisible. Is this alright? Does she have some sort of invisibility resistance or simply +invis gained via an item does not apply to monsters/npcs?
    I was unable to see invisible other than through AMW, but after removing it, nothing changed, banshee remained visible.
    "Hell is empty and all the devils are here."

Monsters can't gain intrinsics from items, invis included. They can only become temporarily invisible from potions or spells.
    Platinum Edition ADOMer
    http://gamesofgrey.com - check out my roguelikes!

Quote Originally Posted by Grey View Post
    Monsters can't gain intrinsics from items, invis included.
    ...and goblins wielding Executor will still deal pitiful damage, and only get (minus) DV and PV from the weapon. There are many things in the monster inventory system that should be reworked. I was pretty surprised the first time I saw a kobold quaff a potion of invisibility that was on the floor, though
    "And light there be!"

Quote Originally Posted by anon123 View Post
    I was pretty surprised the first time I saw a kobold quaff a potion of invisibility that was on the floor, though
    My first time of monster quaffing was than Shadaar-whatevar picked my pile of stuff which i left on stairs before venturing into blue dragon caves and started drinking my blessed major healing pots.... the ones i left as back up in case he breath destroys the ones on me... Good times.
    So far rolled 15 casters with RoDS and shamelessly killed them within 200 turns. For eternium glory!
    (after 15 I stopped counting...)

Quote Originally Posted by Soirana View Post
    My first time of monster quaffing was than Shadaar-whatevar picked my pile of stuff which i left on stairs before venturing into blue dragon caves and started drinking my blessed major healing pots.... the ones i left as back up in case he breath destroys the ones on me... Good times.
    After that he had to go
    1 ULE, 1 UNE, 18 regular endings. Won with every race. Trying to win with every class. Never won with farmer, merchant, mindcrafter and thief.