Thread: Need help with CoC50. Almost YAVP

Hybrid View

Default Need help with CoC50. Almost YAVP

Good day.
    Right now I am playing barbarian/monk (31/3) troll and stuck at 50th level of CoC. I've got all four elemental shards with me in my backpack (identified, if it matters), but I don't see Chaos gates or downstairs to proceed. No secret rooms so far. It is just an ordinary dungeon level. I am sure that I miss something, but I don't know what to look for. Is there anything special what needs to be done to actually win the game?

You should find a ruin of the gate somewhere on this level. They look like a purple & symbol. Are you sure about secret doors? Do you have a scroll of magic mapping? Stand on the ruin and 'U'se all the shards.
    You steal a scroll labelled HITME. The orc hits you.

If you've got a pickaxe, you might want to try digging in random directions around the edges of the level in hopes of finding a secret room.
    Hoping to win with every class, doomed. Archer, Barbarian, Bard, Beastfighter, Druid, Elementalist, Farmer, Fighter, Monk, and ULE Priest down.

Dug almost all the level. No secret rooms or gates
    Screenshot of the level in the attachment. All the level can be seen - it is relatively small.
    Is it possible to have 2 downstairs at lvl45-47? Because levels 48-50 were extremely easy: almost no fire giants (1-2 for a level, compared to hords of them at previous levels), almost all monsters were swamp hydras or orcs, which was odd.
    50 lvl CoC.jpg

I have never reached D:50 in ADOM II, but it looks like a bug... I think you should report it on the issue forum, because if it's a bug, it looks like an important one to fix in ADOM 0.2.4.

Quote Originally Posted by Mairissa View Post
    Because levels 48-50 were extremely easy: almost no fire giants (1-2 for a level, compared to hords of them at previous levels), almost all monsters were swamp hydras or orcs, which was odd.
    Swamp hydras are higher level than fire giants. That is why you meet your first swamp hydra deeper in the dungeon than the first fire giant. A few levels later and all you see is lots of swamp hydras. Once you get that deep, the endgame is suddenly very easy. On level 50 it's even weirder, all you see are regular orcs and so on. So yeah.. that is normal. I have no idea why there is no chaos gate in your game, though. Sorry..

As a last straw: what amulet are you wearing? Maybe you need to wear the right shard in order to be able to see the gate? Just guessing here.. I was wearing the shard of elemental fire, myself. Also, I did descend to level 50 with another character who had not found any of the shards yet and he didn't find the gate there, either.
    Last edited by grobblewobble; 04-26-2012 at 09:38 AM.
    You steal a scroll labelled HITME. The orc hits you.

I was wearing shard of fire when I first entered the level, then changed it to amulet of earth. I also wandered there for some time withour amulets at all. I will test other amulets tonight as a get access to the game.

It seems I will have to make a bug report, because I checked possibilities of second downstairs at previous levels and there were non.
    Last edited by Mairissa; 04-26-2012 at 10:21 AM.