Thread: Item prefixes & suffixes

Default Item prefixes & suffixes

I was originally going to post in his blog, but I don't have any of the accounts needed to comment there.

Blurry:
    I've seen a single "of devastation" and a single "fatal" weapon. So these are quite rare, but maybe they should be, given how good they are. There are many old modifiers that I didn't find, including penetration.

It seems that item modifiers now depend on dungeon depth and / or character level? The effect is that the really good modifiers have become much harder to find than they were in ADOM 1. On the other hand, the disarm ability makes it easier to generate a lot of weapons. I'm not sure about overall balance.

I don't like how that sounds. Good prefixes and suffixes shouldn't be removed from the early game. If I know that I'm limited to subpar gear until I reach point A, I personally won't like playing the game until I reach that point.

Treasure hunting is the main reason why I like Adom.

----

I haven't tried Adom 2 yet. Anyway, is this actually the case, like is it impossible to find very overpowered gear early on in the game?

At this point, I think it is harder, yes. Monster DL depends on character level, so you won't start finding, say, mithril gear, till around level 6-7 IIRC. I don't know if specific mods are level dependent, or if it is just mod probability is level dependent like in ADOM I. It might just be devastation/fatal are really, really rare. Armor penetration has not yet been implemented yet, IIRC, so that mod might just not be available at all. Or if it is, it would do nothing. I've found that overpowered armor is pretty easy to find though. I've had a couple games where I've had [+12,+10] platemail armor sitting in the Terinyo shop or something.

On average, I think you find an awful lot more gear in ADOM II than in ADOM. Especially in terms of weapons and shields, IMHO.
    Hoping to win with every class, doomed. Archer, Barbarian, Bard, Beastfighter, Druid, Elementalist, Farmer, Fighter, Monk, and ULE Priest down.