Thread: Warrior Monk

Default Warrior Monk

I'm probably missing something, but aren't you supposed to get bonuses for fighting without weapon/shield as a monk? I'm not seeing skilling Unarmed Fighting giving good boosts compared to a weapon/shield combo...
    You feel excited. You die.

It's probably level-dependent. In ADOM, weapon/shield is often better for monks, especially if you get a decent weapon early on. Try equipping a shield only and see if your unarmed bonuses go down.
    Hoping to win with every class, doomed. Archer, Barbarian, Bard, Beastfighter, Druid, Elementalist, Farmer, Fighter, Monk, and ULE Priest down.

You do get bonuses, but you cannot be Burdened or Strained, and you cannot wear body armour except for some exceptions. As far as I have seen experimentally, it's basically like in ADOM.

Also, like in ADOM, the early game is quite difficult if you fight unarmed, but you become a killing machine later. I currently have a monk with Right hand: Attack power 1d65 for 1d18+20 blunt (x4, 15 percent). Left hand: Attack power 1d65 for 1d18+20 blunt (x4, 15 percent).

(probably my best char in ADOM II at the moment, let's see if I win).

Nevermind... The character was "Burdened", lowering his unarmed fighting to 1d3. Without the burdened status, everything went fine.

Anything but bucklers will inhibit monks starting with 0.2.4.
    Thomas Biskup
    ADOM & Ultimate ADOM Maintainer
    https://www.adom.de - https://www.ultimate-adom.com

I started a monk in 0.2.5 which was short lived due to meeting a shopkeeper in the first room of the CoC, but looking at his attack power, I realized that the monk bonus was gone, though the PC was only wearing his starting clothes. I'll try to reproduce the behavior.