Thread: Mithril spear of penetration

Post Mithril spear of penetration

I have a grey eleven weapon smith going ATM and just found a mithril spear of penetration. My question is does it bypass ALL PV? Does it provide the same PV bypass as a phase dagger?
    I'm considering smithing to power it up as much as possible. Would this be a good weapon in late game?

yes
    10 characters
    "Whip me!" pleads the adom player. The rng replies... "No."

thanks Gut. i'm assuming thats a yes to all three q's
    i'm looking forward to getting stuck into the smithing. I know many dismiss the skill as too time consuming but I recall creating some truly awesome weapons and armour when i played about 10 years ago.
    does anyone know if 7LB's work in conjuction with smithing? What I mean is do they essentially make smithing faster?

Quote Originally Posted by lamanor View Post
    thanks Gut. i'm assuming thats a yes to all three q's
    i'm looking forward to getting stuck into the smithing. I know many dismiss the skill as too time consuming but I recall creating some truly awesome weapons and armour when i played about 10 years ago.
    does anyone know if 7LB's work in conjuction with smithing? What I mean is do they essentially make smithing faster?
    7lbs only affect walking, so, no, it will have no effect. As a level 12 weaponsmith, you do get 4x faster smithing though.
    Hoping to win with every class, doomed. Archer, Barbarian, Bard, Beastfighter, Druid, Elementalist, Farmer, Fighter, Monk, and ULE Priest down.

some mining advice, iirc, is to do a ton of mining before smithing. It is just
    easier than mining a little, then smithing, then mining again. Another tip is
    to mine the arena level first, as spending so much time on the level will
    pretty much guarantee the ratling traders will restock lizards and bat. This
    is really only important if you do not generate an herb tile of stomafillia
    though. Let's see, what else... I think de-rusting iron ingots counts toward
    training the smithing skill, so a water trap might be useful. Leather aprons
    help, but only slightly... Can't remember any more right now.

As a weapon smith, you shouldn't be mining unless you need a lot of higher metals. Just melt down all of your junk weapons and armor instead of selling them. Milk out spear traps and turn the spears into ingots too.
    Hoping to win with every class, doomed. Archer, Barbarian, Bard, Beastfighter, Druid, Elementalist, Farmer, Fighter, Monk, and ULE Priest down.

Thanks guys. I like the idea with the arena level because I'm a little low on my food supply atm. Another thing I like doing is using an ant nest and letting them do the work for me.

ant milking is especially good if one is a gnome, troll, or any class with gemology.
    best tactic is to stay on the level for a while to let the ants dig maybe half of it,
    as this will train gemology. Next, leave the level and pick up a couple of xp levels,
    to pump gemology to 80, thus increasing gem yield dramatically. I don't know if
    gemology is one of the skills that benefits from being 90 and 100, but I have
    definitely observed benefits from it being 80.