Thread: Crushed

Hybrid View

Unhappy Crushed

I had a L26 grey elven weaponsmith going quite well. Had just completed the water temple and ToEF. Was just preparing to do the long dive into the CoC.
    I had just picked up a ring of weakness and had the brilliant idea of training my strength with a few ogre corpses.
    My strength was 32 (without the fire orb). Put on the ring, went to 2 strength.
    Crushed to death with all of my gear

Being fully aware of the ring's effects, how come you didn't drop your gear beforehand?
    "And light there be!"

A tablespoon of ignorance with a pinch of carelessness. I actually expected to just become overburdened because I done the same thing earlier with that effect. Also I had never Been crushed before so just wasn't considering it even though I knew it can happen.

Quote Originally Posted by lamanor View Post
    A tablespoon of ignorance with a pinch of carelessness. I actually expected to just become overburdened because I done the same thing earlier with that effect. Also I had never Been crushed before so just wasn't considering it even though I knew it can happen.
    I see.

Personally, I don't abuse starvation/rings of weakness much, and am very careful when I do. Being crushed by your gear is a both sad and silly way to die. I remember that one time when I found a "bulky girdle" in GY:2 and though it was a GoGS. It was actually a cursed girdle of greed, and I had 100000gp on me.
    "And light there be!"