No intrinsic guy
So, I recently got this idea (which I'm sure was already used) to play a game without any intrinsic, either natural or gained through an item. Let's see what that means in term of gameplay.
- A number of classes cannot be used. These include: assassin (=Pois), beastfighter (-Pois + -Stun), druid (=Elec), elementalist (-Wbrth), mindcrafter (-Tctrl), weaponsmith (=Fire). With the huge exception of beastfighter and maybe mincrafter you won't need them anyway.
- No crowning, no piety for multiple prayers
- (almost) no artifact weapons. The only legitimate are Moon Sickle, Cat'c Claw, Golden Gladius, Vanquisher, Kinslayer, Justifier and Sting&Needle (seriously considering them). Paladin with big J or barb with even bigger V would be perfect for this, but you can't crown, so we can cross them out. Several artifacts deserve special attention due to missile capabilities, mainly RCT.
- Even less artifact non-weapons. We can only hope for Iron Crown of Havlor and Aylas Holy Scarf, both of which are screwed without ToGu's patch. So yeah, kinda bad. No -foo- dragon scale mails either.
- No teleport control, which is somewhat serious, but I can live with that.
- No invisibility except from potions which is much worse. EDIT: Spells are ok, so it's ok.
- No death ray resistance which is huge gamble for archmage, liches and co.
- No friendly passing EG, which I don't like. Still, we can kill him several times for extra xp.
- ToEF will be a complete disaster. What's more, no elemental gauntlets for decreased corruption, so using Water Orb will be pretty bad.
- No pool sipping.
- No BDC, so that actually crosses out Sting&Needle, damn it. It's probably possible, but you have to be really-really superlucky with monster generation. Maybe stock on Death Ray with a wizard, but still scary as hell.
- No ultras. It's not like I was going to anyway.
Can't think of anything else, but what is there already is pretty bad.
The most logical way is to play an archer, which I'll probably try first. Barehanded monks is a possible choice too, along with casters (we have priest, wizzie and necro). Best shot with an archer is getting Farslayer and I hope RNG won't screw me over with tons of other artifacts.
I might think about abusing Jharod for healing, because it will be needed a lot.
I'll probably try this on the server, just for the sake of fun for others if there are some.
Last edited by _Ln_; 05-05-2012 at 07:19 AM.
I like my women like my ADOM loot - hunted as treasure and in extra quantity.