Thanks to Gut for already mentioning this, here's the official thing:

---
Hi everyone!

I'd like to direct your attention to a special moment in time: Today is the day where the future of ADOM once more might change:

http://www.indiegogo.com/resurrect-adom-development

After extended discussions about the details, motives and goals of this campaign on my blog (http://www.ancientdomainsofmystery.com), Facebook and Reddit I today launched a crowd funding campaign to revive ADOM development. If you have questions concerning the campaign please read the various blog entries of the past four to five days - there you should find all the details.

If you ever loved ADOM or still love it and would like to see it shine in new splendor with bug fixes, patches, new boss monsters, new magical statues, executables for all current operating systems, etc. now is the time to participate in the Indiegogo campaign. With $10 you get into the "Tome of Donors" - a new artifact that will be introduced for ADOM 1.2.0, with $25 you get that plus access to all nightly builds and there are many more higher levels with interesing rewards and chances to be immortalized in the game.

The campaign so far as gathered about 11,78% of the funding goal in less than 1% of the campaign time - which just awesome beyond words. If we manage to keep up the momentum there might be a bright future looming ahead for ADOM.

Even if you don't feel like donating I'd be immensely indebted to you for helping to spread the link and the word in order make this the most succcessful roguelike funding campaign ever - and how might it be to put the big graphical titles to shame ;-) ?

To ease the way we already have a vast number of stretch goals prepared: from new PC races and classes to a heap of new corruptions, an even more exciting corruption system, ports to Android and iOS, an extendable scripting engine for user extensions and so much more. Now we just need to take the initial hurdle and then things really will get to rock and roll! All the new features and additions will be freely available for everyone.

For me personally this is a very exciting point as it might be a chance to improve ADOM to a quality level that it deserves. I care deeply for ADOM but failed once too many in delivering due to tight time restraints. A successful funding campaign can change that and thus a new future might arise for ADOM.

Note: This should not impede to much on ADOM II development as I have gathered a team of fantastic people that will be going to help me in developing ADOM 1.2.0 so that the load is much better distributed. See the campaign page for more details.

Yours truly

Thomas Biskup
ADOM & ADOM II Maintainer