Thread: Crushed II - a facepalm moment

Default Crushed II - a facepalm moment

Ok so I was quite embarressed with my last stupid death, I put a ring of weakness on and crushed myself to death. So I decided to start another Grey elven weaponsmith coz its probably my favourite race/class combo and I realy wanted complete the game with one.

My new weaponsmith was at level 24. I had complete the ToEF and the water temple. I was set up to win. Had Executor and a bunch of great artifacts. I was determined to let nothing catch me off guard.

At level 28 of the CoC and found a brass ring (great) so I took off my old ring and put this one on. Discovered it was a blessed ring of luck after identifying. I take off the ring of luck and went to put on my ring of slaying....cept my finger slipped and I hit the wrong key.

" Your uncured ring of weakness glows black"
    followed by:
    " You are crushed to death by the immense load of crap you keep in your pack"

nearly identical circumstances to my last post. I wish I could blame a malevolant RNG but I only have fat fingers to blame.

Quote Originally Posted by lamanor View Post
    At level 28 of the CoC and found a brass ring (great) so I took off my old ring and put this one on. Discovered it was a blessed ring of luck after identifying.
    Are you sure it wasn't a copper ring? Brass rings are always... well, brass rings with no in-game effect, as far as I know.

I take off the ring of luck and went to put on my ring of slaying....cept my finger slipped and I hit the wrong key.
    I really hate it when that happens, even if the consequences aren't as disastrous as in your case. It's like when I "don't manage to receive new insights" from a starting spellbook, for some reason it really annoys me.
    "And light there be!"

Might be a good idea in your case just to throw away rings of weakness whenever you find them. Or reduce the size of your inventory that you normally carry. I mean, if you're wearing the fire orb, then equipping a ring of weakness should only reduce your St to 11 or 12, which means that you can carry about 6000 stones worth of gear without dying--more than enough. Even with 2 St, you can carry 4080 stones. This is about the same amount you can carry with 32 St unburdened, so if your base St is below 32, a RoW should never kill you (because you aren't travelling Burdened, are you?)
    Hoping to win with every class, doomed. Archer, Barbarian, Bard, Beastfighter, Druid, Elementalist, Farmer, Fighter, Monk, and ULE Priest down.

I'm not too good at the interweb jargon but I'll give it a try Lamanor, ahem...

ROFL... *gasp for breath* ROFL... *wipe tears from eyes*... LOL, ROFL *gag*...

There, that sums up my response to this brilliant YASD. Truly you have brought a ray of sunshine into my life with this post.

I'm looking forward to adding a YASD post of my own in the near future - I know I wont need to wait too long
    Cogito cogito ergo cogito sum

Sounds like you need to work out those lil sausage fingers of yours.

P.S. I think Jelly might be onto something too.
    Link to horribly incomplete/unstarted ADOM II wiki

http://adom2.wikidot.com/

Quote Originally Posted by ironcash View Post
    P.S. I think Jelly might be onto something too.
    Trifle, maybe?