Page 26 of 64 FirstFirst ... 1622232425262728293036 ... LastLast

Thread: Anyone care to help a newb?

Thanks! Trying to figure out what to do on D19 now. The Stairs are in a river, and the river is surrounded by walls! I had to use a wand of digging not to drown!

If I teleport blindly and it's into the middle of a rock do I die?

No, you just teleport to a random available location.
    Hoping to win with every class, doomed. Archer, Barbarian, Bard, Beastfighter, Druid, Elementalist, Farmer, Fighter, Monk, and ULE Priest down.

Well that was a mystery and no mistake!

It turns out D:19 was the water level! You can't teleport there I found out! So! I had to swim across a river, and while in the river use a wand of digging to get to the water level! I almost drowned!

But I didn't. Then I had to kill some water monsters, shoot across a moat to kill some chaos monsters, then kill some other water monsters, then a Giant Snake!

So, now I have a Snake From Beyond Corpse, and an Orb of Watery Chaos.

Not sure what to do with the corpse! I have not yet Eaten It.

Banshee is coming up next!

Better not eat the chaos monsters, unless you are desperate to get corrupted
    Treasure Hunter is an absolutely immoral talent and people who take it are slaves of their lust for loot. A real character doesn't rely on worldly goodies to save the world but will do so by trusting his inner strength.

There is a certain Druid who rewards well for the corpse of chaos creatures. On a side note, when a corpse becomes rotten it becomes cursed. By dipping it in holy water it will be blessed and stop it from disappearing from your pack for a time. This is a handy tip for transporting a corpse over long distances such as wilderness.

Next step I guess would be the tower of flames. Be well prepared it is a big hurdle. Good luck!

*trumpet fanfare*

Well done on conquering your first temple! The orb is handy - stick it in your tool slot and 'u'se it if you're ever desperate for healing. It corrupts a bit, but the elemental gauntlets help reduce that if you're wearing them. And a touch of corruption is well worth a full heal when desperate.

Justifier is like a giant pulsating phallus to penetrate your enemies with and spread sticky gooey love all over your screen. Bless it and discard all over weapons - you have spells to deal with disarmers. Keep your eyes peeled for a good shield to go alongside it (eternium or crystal tower shield is best).

Try to dump the junk and stay off strained or burdened. It makes you slower, letting the enemy get more hits in. Besides a more streamlined inventory helps you remember the important items in the thick of battle.

Banshee shouldn't be a problem. Potion of deafness lasts ages (though blessed ones tend not to work). Shove Justifier in her mouth and let her suck on it - see how well she screams then. After that you'll want to think about the Tomb of the High Kings. Need a source of frost for that.

Alignment is something to keep an eye on. Basically stick away from very evil acts (stealing from shops, killing children, digging graves). Keep a whip around in case you need to self-flagellate to get your alignment up. There's no real need to wear the amulet of balance (ankh is better) but keep an eye on your alignment and try not to stray from N- or N+. Sacrificing at a grey altar can always get you back to N=. Don't bother trying to mess with white or black altars - too dangerous now.

Corruption may get worse as you go on. Don't eat that Snake corpse, and if you get a chance (unlikely before it rots) deliver it to the druid in Terinyo. He gives potions of cure corruption for such corpses. Potions of cure corruption and scrolls of chaos resistance are very good at removing pesky corruptions, and work doubly well when blessed. The big ones to be wary of are poison hands (keep some thick gauntlets around to negate this), mana battery (a nuisance, but manageable) and stiff muscles (get rid of this ASAP).
    Platinum Edition ADOMer
    http://gamesofgrey.com - check out my roguelikes!

Quote Originally Posted by Grey View Post
    *trumpet fanfare*

Well done on conquering your first temple! The orb is handy - stick it in your tool slot and 'u'se it if you're ever desperate for healing. It corrupts a bit, but the elemental gauntlets help reduce that if you're wearing them. And a touch of corruption is well worth a full heal when desperate.

Justifier is like a giant pulsating phallus to penetrate your enemies with and spread sticky gooey love all over your screen. Bless it and discard all over weapons - you have spells to deal with disarmers. Keep your eyes peeled for a good shield to go alongside it (eternium or crystal tower shield is best).

Try to dump the junk and stay off strained or burdened. It makes you slower, letting the enemy get more hits in. Besides a more streamlined inventory helps you remember the important items in the thick of battle.

Banshee shouldn't be a problem. Potion of deafness lasts ages (though blessed ones tend not to work). Shove Justifier in her mouth and let her suck on it - see how well she screams then. After that you'll want to think about the Tomb of the High Kings. Need a source of frost for that.

Alignment is something to keep an eye on. Basically stick away from very evil acts (stealing from shops, killing children, digging graves). Keep a whip around in case you need to self-flagellate to get your alignment up. There's no real need to wear the amulet of balance (ankh is better) but keep an eye on your alignment and try not to stray from N- or N+. Sacrificing at a grey altar can always get you back to N=. Don't bother trying to mess with white or black altars - too dangerous now.

Corruption may get worse as you go on. Don't eat that Snake corpse, and if you get a chance (unlikely before it rots) deliver it to the druid in Terinyo. He gives potions of cure corruption for such corpses. Potions of cure corruption and scrolls of chaos resistance are very good at removing pesky corruptions, and work doubly well when blessed. The big ones to be wary of are poison hands (keep some thick gauntlets around to negate this), mana battery (a nuisance, but manageable) and stiff muscles (get rid of this ASAP).
    No, really?
    I like my women like my ADOM loot - hunted as treasure and in extra quantity.

Quote Originally Posted by Lasher View Post
    Hey guys! I went to the UD and found Morgia roots! Somehow they got my To up to 27! I thought it stopped at 25, but I guess I gorged myself on them and when I checked it was 27! Anyways, then I ate a Potion of gained attributes, which upped all my stats by 1 so my To is 28! Pretty much doubled my health!
    Because you pretty much doubled your Toughness. The stat is that important. I'm guessing your Willpower also got to 25 in the meantime.

Also, I got corrupted and have 12 eyes now! I'm ugly, but at least my perception went up! It was really low, and kinda annoying.
    That's one of the nicest corruptions around (as far as growing body horrors gets, obviously). It will extend your field of vision a bit and has a small chance of magic mapping an area around you every turn. Appearance is useless if you're not a female, and slightly less so otherwise.

Not sure what my item was, but I figure it was (...) wand of teleport and use the teleport on the cat?
    Exactly.

Quote Originally Posted by JellySlayer View Post
    If you want to go after the daemon, I would just sacrifice him. He can drain your stats quite rapidly in melee.
    One thing I learned the hard way is to always keep the demon within line of sight and not lose him around any corners, if you're going to sacrifice him. Otherwise, he might teleport and kill NPCs.

I did it! IT took 78 Blessed Stomas and then 50 regular ones, then I prayed! I got a sword, Justifier, and an amulet of Balance. Does the amulet just pull my alignment towards N=?

Also, I no longer fear the heat of hells.
    Let me tell you that's the luckiest crowning ever. Justifier is said to be ridiculously overpowered for paladins, and =Fire makes sure you don't have to find multiple amounts of resistance for the tower.

If I teleport blindly and it's into the middle of a rock do I die?
    You can't teleport inside a wall or to a water tile, not even intentionally.

So, now I have a Snake From Beyond Corpse, and an Orb of Watery Chaos.

Not sure what to do with the corpse! I have not yet Eaten It.
    Quote Originally Posted by lamanor View Post
    There is a certain Druid who rewards well for the corpse of chaos creatures. On a side note, when a corpse becomes rotten it becomes cursed. By dipping it in holy water it will be blessed and stop it from disappearing from your pack for a time. This is a handy tip for transporting a corpse over long distances such as wilderness.
    ^ I second that. The corpse only grants corruption when eaten. Something else I'd recommend is dropping it, then moving to an adjacent tile, and zapping the wand of fireballs until you see a message about the corpse being cooked by the heat. That will make it last even longer. Keep an eye open for messages about the corpse starting to rot and rebless it when that happens.

I always try to collect a full set of blessed cooked chaos guardian corpses

Quote Originally Posted by Grey View Post
    Banshee shouldn't be a problem. Potion of deafness lasts ages (though blessed ones tend not to work).
    I always thought blessed pots actually cure deafness. During a test, I made a PC drink 1000 of them in a row. Nothing bad happened.
    "And light there be!"

You should only try to save the corpse if you've got a lot of spare holy water. Without food preservation, you could burn through a dozen bottles of holy water trying to keep it fresh.

I'd just let it rot...
    Hoping to win with every class, doomed. Archer, Barbarian, Bard, Beastfighter, Druid, Elementalist, Farmer, Fighter, Monk, and ULE Priest down.

Thanks for the support guys!

Not sure what I'll do with the Corpse yet!

Also, now I'm trying to repress phallic sword imagery!

Just gonna focus on that Stone Spear named Toothpick instead!

That Kelevaster guy died, so He Didn't give me any Scrolls of Chaos Resistance(?). Which is kind of weird, cause I mean what, did he just summon them out of mid-air? I looted his body!

And I'm off!