Page 54 of 64 FirstFirst ... 444505152535455565758 ... LastLast

Thread: Anyone care to help a newb?

Drakeling healer is a very robust combo, this dude could get far.

Or girl.
    You steal a scroll labelled HITME. The orc hits you.

Lol epic story
    Healers have a tendency to be rather good at healing!

You... didn't happen to start this character on Friday, did you?
    Because your character might be cursed. Even if that isn't true, though, you've been doing a great job surviving! It seems you're well caught-on to the idea that coming back to fight another day really is ideal, because otherwise, you're coming back to fight another day with a different person than before.
    Normal Victories- Human Weaponsmith, Necromancer, Barbarian, Assassin
    Creator's Day Win - Gnome Fighter

Quote Originally Posted by Lasher View Post
    So I headed to the Druid's Dungeon, where what should I find but a Green Spear! With like +4, and 1d8+3! Pretty nice!

Second level down, the stairs are in the middle of a river! Okay, I can swim, and for some odd reason my drakeling is healing super fast!
    Third level down, the stairs are in the middle of a river.

Okay! I can still swim!
    Rivers are a bit weird. They won't fill holes dug next to them, nor will they throw water down the stairs if surrounding a down staircase. And game-world idiosyncrasies aside, they're a true annoyance when you can't swim or create a bridge.

Fifth level! Big cave type room, puppy is long dead I know, and what happens! I get SHREDDED by a Cave Tiger! I Didn't want to Kill it, but what can I do? He took down half my hp and kept making me bleed!
    Set Coward tactics and 'a'pply the First Aid skill to try and stop bleeding. If you're at 1/3rd of your HP or below, running away will also have a reduced energy cost, which allows you to outrun a threat. If you see a cat's really going to kill you, then acid spit it to death, and to hell with the special artifact. It's nice, but of no use if you die.

The important thing is that you made it out of the cave alive despite the many bad things the game threw at you, more or less simultaneously, and that's a good display of skill as far as I'm concerned.

Quote Originally Posted by Joe
    Lol epic story
    Definitely - that's ADOM at its finest. Everything wants to kill you.
    "And light there be!"

I found something interesting on my newest character!

A shop! It is full of Figurines of Wondrous Power! Very expensive! What do they do?

Also! What spells cook bodies? Apparently Burning Hands does not? But "Fire Bolt" does?

My Drakeling Healer got swarmed by a vault of oozes and died!

I'm thinking if this new guy, an elementalist dies, I'm gonna try an evil priest!

EDIT: I accidentally cast earthquake on the same level twice! >.< I think I killed the cute puppy.

Just have to find the body under all the rocks.
    Last edited by Lasher; 07-15-2012 at 03:30 AM.

I found something interesting on my newest character!

A shop! It is full of Figurines of Wondrous Power! Very expensive! What do they do?
    When 'U'sed, they create the monster they represent. Blessed ones give you a tame companion, uncursed a nonhostile monster, and cursed a hostile one. Of course, the attractive is in getting a blessed figurine of something powerful.

Figurine shops are rare, and getting a figurine as a random drops is extremely rare. They can be wished for, but one at a time and without specification.

Also! What spells cook bodies? Apparently Burning Hands does not? But "Fire Bolt" does?
    Fire Bolt, Fireball, Improved Fireball, fire bolts and balls from the respective wands, the immense heat in the ToEF, and some monsters' fire breath, will all cook corpses. Burning Hands doesn't work, although it will burn herb bushes.

I'm thinking if this new guy, an elementalist dies, I'm gonna try an evil priest!
    Coincidentally, dark elf priests are the race/class combo I've been hooked with lately.

EDIT: I accidentally cast earthquake on the same level twice! >.< I think I killed the cute puppy.

Just have to find the body under all the rocks.
    That's one of the reasons it's not a good spell - rocks can fall anywhere, and that includes the skulls of peaceful monsters, companions, cats, or your own. They can make rivers passable, but most PCs would obtain Frost Bolt or the wand before Earthquake. If you could make the rocks fall on specific tiles, maybe it'd be nicer.
    "And light there be!"

Also fireballs from traps.
    Haven't won with : Druid, Priest, Elementalist, Weaponsmith, Ranger, Merchants, farmers, Necromancer,Thief
    Currently trying : Entertaining girlfriend. Very, Very, VERY hard.

Just a silly online game

Think I found my new favorite class! Dark Elf Barbarian! Is a BEAST. Being Chaotic is kinda bad, but I'll find a way around I'm sure.

Question! Does kicking beehives help at all? It doesn't seem to! Just makes extra bees. Also! The Ruun Priest, I think someone said he will be mad at me if I'm chaotic? Tips?

Thanks everyone!

Kicking beehives may destroy the hive and release all the bees, or it may just release more bees and not break the hive. I think high strength helps, but it might just be random.

Easiest thing to do about being chaotic is convert to neutral or lawful. No reason to keep your starting alignment. Use whatever alignment works best for you.
    Last edited by JellySlayer; 07-17-2012 at 03:36 AM.
    Hoping to win with every class, doomed. Archer, Barbarian, Bard, Beastfighter, Druid, Elementalist, Farmer, Fighter, Monk, and ULE Priest down.

The Ruun Priest, I think someone said he will be mad at me if I'm chaotic?
    No, it's only if you convert his altar that he will be hostile to you. And if you kill him, it only gets worse. But converting yourself is fine - just try not to leave any items on the floor, because he's kind of covetous.
    "And light there be!"