Thread: Precrownings

Default Precrownings

What do I exactly need to do to be precrowned but not crowned?
    What level of piety do I need?
    Many times when I tried to be precrowned I got crowning instead, though number of artifacts seemed to be quite small.

You can't be of extreme alignment, so L+, N= and C- result in crowning if your piety is high enough.
    Anything else gives you the option of precrowning as long as too many artifacts have not been generated.
    I believe the formula is 8+(3*[artifacts generated]), so the first precrown level would be 8, then 11, 14... as long as you keep piety up, alignment is not extreme and artifacts aren't too numerous.
    Last edited by Blasphemous; 05-24-2012 at 10:00 AM.
    "Hell is empty and all the devils are here."

And what level of piety is enough? The same as for crowning?

Yes, it's displayed as "extremly close" upon sacrificing. But be careful when trying to precrown neutrally, neutral saccing has some kind of delayed alignment impact - twice I got crowned at N+ and few turns later it would turn N=. So have some extra alignment shift. Amulets for killing Hotzen-schmotzen or sheriff works nicely. Though it's not an issue for C and L

Quote Originally Posted by persy View Post
    But be careful when trying to precrown neutrally, neutral saccing has some kind of delayed alignment impact - twice I got crowned at N+ and few turns later it would turn N=.
    Neutral altars make you a paragon of their alignment when you sacrifice enough, unlike lawful or chaotic ones where you must commit additional deeds to go all the way up (or down). Perhaps you were always N= to begin with and the screen wasn't refreshed correctly; Ctrl+R forces that.

Spellweaver: let us know which artifact you get, I hope it's something nice
    "And light there be!"

Thank you, I got it. Everything the same, except alignment.
    When I manage to get precrowning, I'll tell you, but now my problem is where to find a blink dog. I got a teleportation from some pool.

Quote Originally Posted by Spellweaver View Post
    When I manage to get precrowning, I'll tell you, but now my problem is where to find a blink dog. I got a teleportation from some pool.
    I3 and I4 are the usually recommended places for blink dogs. They might show up earlier in the ID, depending on which level your PC is.
    "And light there be!"

Already done with dogs. Stairhopped for about 20 minutes and got a full backpack of books, scrolls and potions.
    My beastfighter surely is happy...
    ---
    Offtopic: are "ordinary rings" always RoDS?

There are four ring types that can produce RoDS: Onyx, opal, ordinary, or adamantium. They could also be Damage, Fire, or Slaying.

If you found the ordinary ring while stairhopping, it's probably damage unless you were very deep in the ID.

You can ID an RoDS in the wilderness. Try to use it while on the main map screen. If it says "Wear the ring to get any effects" it is not RoDS. If it says "Not here" then it is.
    Hoping to win with every class, doomed. Archer, Barbarian, Bard, Beastfighter, Druid, Elementalist, Farmer, Fighter, Monk, and ULE Priest down.

Dead after meeting Dorn in the wilderness. I was absolutely sure that I got paralysis resistance from that pool. Neither eyes nor cubes could paralyse me. Strange.