Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345

Thread: Run of elemental masochism

Thanks for sharing, entertaining ordeal! Is it too early for your next challenge idea?

This was an amazing thread. I went back and read some of your other threads (Immortal Necro, Zen Monk) and basically, all I can say is that I am overawed by your skill as an ADOM player. I've only had two wins in a year of playing, and I can't imagine what it would take to reach your level of planning and execution in this game.

I was so sorry when I read what happened to your Zen Monk on D:48.

It's cool to see you're playing ADOM again! Good luck on your next challenge!
    Normal Victories- Human Weaponsmith, Necromancer, Barbarian, Assassin
    Creator's Day Win - Gnome Fighter

wait, didn't you somehow find a way around the D:48 troubles, soirana?
    I can't remember for sure or not, but i thought you mentioned something about it?
    "Whip me!" pleads the adom player. The rng replies... "No."

10 characters
    Last edited by Soirana; 12-15-2012 at 10:16 AM.
    So far rolled 15 casters with RoDS and shamelessly killed them within 200 turns. For eternium glory!
    (after 15 I stopped counting...)

Yeah, I can't imagine clearing a level blind without that amulet. I remember the first time I got blinded by mud. Spent like 100 turns running around like a headless chicken before dying.

Soirana, and anyone else who cares to know, I've run into that Ghost Librarian problem again, this time with a neutral, uncorrupted Barbarian. I can send people the save file if they want to use it for testing. I'm standing in the dark right next to the Librarian (it is just to the right of me) because monsters kept attacking otherwise.
    edit: never mind, I stupidly forgot to copy the save after trying to run it again. Oh, well. I'll try and finish the game without chaos resistance.
    Last edited by Roarke; 06-17-2012 at 01:25 AM.

10 characters
    So far rolled 15 casters with RoDS and shamelessly killed them within 200 turns. For eternium glory!

I think it is know issue which was discussed why some people had slightly above 2k needs to get reward. If i remember correct [and that is big if] turns spent on squares adjusted to librarian do not count. Or something like that.

So for next time i would advice taking few more steps left.
    Yeah, I tried going just down the hall. I waited the equivalent of 3 game days (far more than 2000 turns). The only thing I did was eat. I think the problem is that the Librarian entered combat earlier; I noticed in his description that he went from "somewhat experienced" to "moderately experienced."
    Either way, the character acquired corruptions up to M and died in the Blue Dragon's Cave. He had 150 natural speed... I don't even have the heart to make a YASD post.

10 characters

From now on, I'll follow all of these steps, in addition to putting doors around the Librarian's room so that there's no chance of him/her/it running into combat.