Thread: Shouldn't there have been an artifact on this level?

Default Shouldn't there have been an artifact on this level?

So, I was in level 2 of the Dwarven Halls and came across this sucker:

Pasiatrius.jpg

Pasiatrius, the Great Black Wyrm. Doesn't a named monster like that denote an artifact on the level? I didn't find any, at least. There was a tension room of hill giants and ettins and the best loot was like quarrels of construct slaying... What's up with that?

I did end up sacrificing him at that chaotic altar after fighting him for quite some time. Was that artifact lost when he was sacrificed?

And that pic is uselessly small X-) Ignore it.

No. Great Wyrms are always named.

When a guarded artifact is generated on a dungeon, you'll see the very rare message "you feel a surge of power". That's a reliable way to tell.

Quote Originally Posted by Chogall86 View Post
    I did end up sacrificing him at that chaotic altar after fighting him for quite some time. Was that artifact lost when he was sacrificed?
    If it had actually been a surge of power, no. There is a bug in the game that disables fixed drops (e.g. the black torc) when a monster is sacrificed, but artifacts generated in this manner are lying on the floor as regular items - just with a beefed-up monster on top of them.
    "And light there be!"

Cool, thnx for the info. We should all do some fucking tournament or something. Hell I'm bored.

I had a named Barbarian Leader on PC2 the other day without a surge of power message. He equipped the jet-black glaive and I got caught between him and some ants on level one. What a mess.

That's pretty brutal. I had a doppelganger king in the first level of High King's. I never saw what artifact he was guarding.
    Normal Victories- Human Weaponsmith, Necromancer, Barbarian, Assassin
    Creator's Day Win - Gnome Fighter

I had a lightning vortex. He didn't survive our encounter, but predictably, neither did I.
    ADOM Guides - whatever you wanted to know about playing a certain class, but have been afraid to ask!

Check out my youtube channel to see my ADOM videos, including a completed playthrough of the game. I try to give instructions, so if you want to see some place you haven't been before and get some hints on how to deal with it, this might help! There's also some other games featured there that you might find interesting.