Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: TB will release the source for... $1.8million!

Crowdfunding started today... and I'm impressed. Already more than $2000 collected in less than a day. At this rate, the campaign will be succesful.

By the way: pledge $50k (the "demigod" reward), and you'll get your own copy of the ADOM source code!!! Mike, it's the opportunity of your lifetime
    You feel excited. You die.

Quote Originally Posted by Dervi View Post
    Crowdfunding started today... and I'm impressed. Already more than $2000 collected in less than a day.
    $2697 have been donated as I type. I've just finished spreading the word on a few forums I'm a member of. I really have high hopes for this.
    "And light there be!"

• New stable releases for all supported platforms (Windows, Linux, MacOS, Amiga, NetBSD, FreeBSD; Android and iPad/iOS are going to be stretch goals). Operating systems have evolved since 2002 and compatibility is becoming a serious issue.
    Wait, no DOS version? :-( Playing it in a custom DOSBox build with a CRT pixel shader is extremely nostalgic.

I don't really care for the some of the promised features, such as audio and graphics. Part of the charm of ADOM is how minimal it is, the only sound is an occasional PC speaker beep. I would really like a DOS version with just the game balance and bug fixes, as an option. :-)
    You hit Andor Drakon, the ElDeR cHaOs GoD, and severely wound him.
    The greater balor summons some help!
    The ratling duelist disarms you. You drop your blessed Trident of the Red Rooster (+36, 6d12+18) [+12, +12]. It flies to the west.
    Andor Drakon, the ElDeR cHaOs GoD, picks up the blessed Trident of the Red Rooster (+36, 6d12+18) [+12, +12].
    Andor Drakon, the ElDeR cHaOs GoD, wields the blessed Trident of the Red Rooster (+36, 6d12+18) [+12, +12].

Quote Originally Posted by Laukku View Post
    I don't really care for the some of the promised features, such as audio and graphics. Part of the charm of ADOM is how minimal it is, the only sound is an occasional PC speaker beep.
    I doubt any of us long-time players will want to use those features, since we're too used to the game as it's been for years. As I see it, they might make the game more attractive to the newbie, who after some time of playing could switch to the "real" soundless ASCII display by himself.
    "And light there be!"

Quote Originally Posted by Laukku View Post
    Wait, no DOS version? :-( Playing it in a custom DOSBox build with a CRT pixel shader is extremely nostalgic.

I don't really care for the some of the promised features, such as audio and graphics. Part of the charm of ADOM is how minimal it is, the only sound is an occasional PC speaker beep. I would really like a DOS version with just the game balance and bug fixes, as an option. :-)
    Oops, totally missed that for some reason. I'll talk to Jochen if he sees any problem with that :-)

Sorry for the oversight and thanks for mentioning it.
    Thomas Biskup
    ADOM & Ultimate ADOM Maintainer
    https://www.adom.de - https://www.ultimate-adom.com

Quote Originally Posted by adom-admin View Post
    Oops, totally missed that for some reason. I'll talk to Jochen if he sees any problem with that :-)
    Awesome, thanks!
    You hit Andor Drakon, the ElDeR cHaOs GoD, and severely wound him.
    The greater balor summons some help!
    The ratling duelist disarms you. You drop your blessed Trident of the Red Rooster (+36, 6d12+18) [+12, +12]. It flies to the west.
    Andor Drakon, the ElDeR cHaOs GoD, picks up the blessed Trident of the Red Rooster (+36, 6d12+18) [+12, +12].
    Andor Drakon, the ElDeR cHaOs GoD, wields the blessed Trident of the Red Rooster (+36, 6d12+18) [+12, +12].

Yes, I didn't forget about the DOS version. Since Thomas always did the DOS versions back then, I just need to ask him about the compiler he used. I think it was something like DJGPP?!
    “It's a cruel and random world, but the ChAoS is all so beautiful.” ― Hiromu Arakawa

Had some problems using DJGPP with Dosbox (on Mac). Will try again today with my XP vm. But I managed to compile ADOM on the Raspberry Pi, it's working great.
    “It's a cruel and random world, but the ChAoS is all so beautiful.” ― Hiromu Arakawa

Ah, cool! You should show a video of that for the IndieGoGo campaign.
    Platinum Edition ADOMer
    http://gamesofgrey.com - check out my roguelikes!

about that 1.8 million... is it USD or EUR in that kinda money it will make a big differences but yeah... thats huge amount of money...'

but thers one thing i must say ADoM is only game i would hapily pay like 20-40 Euros because its sow awsome game and i have played from -98 since i got my first computer and i still play it every day. I even bought a Raspberry pi that when I m not home i can play ADoM where ever i find a TV like in hotel or backseat of truck