Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Roguelike tileset

Quote Originally Posted by Ravenmore View Post
    Hm...seems interesting! Tried to take a look, but I got this:
    Ah. Fixed now.

Nice! Fingers crossed for the .zip. Seems like a large, complete set. I'm sure there are game devs out there that will really appreciate this =)

Looks like large amounts of work over the years. CC is an awesome nod to the community, but this deserves some more appreciation. Maybe post it on itch.io / gumroad / something so people can at least leave you an optional tip for some beer? =) Alsoposting to sites with gamedev resources come to mind. OpenGameArt is a must, and there are some others out there

Quote Originally Posted by Ravenmore View Post
    Nice! Fingers crossed for the .zip. Seems like a large, complete set. I'm sure there are game devs out there that will really appreciate this =)

Looks like large amounts of work over the years. CC is an awesome nod to the community, but this deserves some more appreciation. Maybe post it on itch.io / gumroad / something so people can at least leave you an optional tip for some beer? =) Alsoposting to sites with gamedev resources come to mind. OpenGameArt is a must, and there are some others out there
    Thanks Ravenmore.

I've now added a page with a link to all of the sprites (841 of them so far), which should be downloadable. Let me know if there are any issues with that. I will at some point create sprite sheets so you can download all of the sprites in one go.

I think OpenGameArt requires all art to be free for even commercial use - which I don't want. I'm happy for anyone to use it in free games, but if you want to use it in a commercial game, contact me first to discuss.

I'll be slowly adding more sprites and requests are always welcome (albeit acted upon verrrry slowly....)

Enjoy!

You got a real knack for this kind of work, and I like the ascii inspired style on the sprites.

Wow, 850! That's a sizeable collection no matter how you look at it Hats off to you, sir

I'm getting the same message as Ravenmore, with the blog is invite only thing. Is this intended?

Ditto for me, I'm signed in to blogspot actually, but am getting the invite-only message. I'd be curious to check 'em out though.

My favorite tileset that I've used for Nethack was the "absurd" set, I don't know who made it originally though.