Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Troll assassin.. suddenly dies?

A pack of ghost kings will make you flee in terror even with stellar hp.

Quote Originally Posted by Spellweaver View Post
    Spider shell armor
    QFT. Dark elven beastfighters get a starting wooping 5, sometimes 6 pv just from spider shell. Also, the skillset is awesome.
    Haven't won with : Druid, Priest, Elementalist, Weaponsmith, Ranger, Merchants, farmers, Necromancer,Thief
    Currently trying : Entertaining girlfriend. Very, Very, VERY hard.

Just a silly online game

Humans. Humans are the best at everything. I will beat this game with every class, using humans only. Except the one Gnomish Fighter that was randomly rolled on Creator's Day.
    Normal Victories- Human Weaponsmith, Necromancer, Barbarian, Assassin
    Creator's Day Win - Gnome Fighter

Roarke, I think it's possible to win the game with any combination and it doesn't make it best.
    But, for me, I can say the same for DElves. At least I'll try.

I have to say, I learned to love drakelings more and more. I remember a game where I was a drakeling (don't remember class, it wasn't a caster) and had incredibly bad luck on my way to dwarftown. First I stumbled into a threat room full of ogre magi, then fled to the downstairs and the first room after arriving on the deeper level was a threat room of vortices. So the choice was retreating and fighting all the ogre magi or face the vortices. This with a low level character. But I survived: potion of invisibility + acid spit. Any other race and I'd died there.

Of course it's only an anecdote, but find weakness is not making this sort of dramatic differences, especially early game. Spider shell armor is nice, but has to compensate for low tougness.

As for packs of ghost kings, that's talking about endgame not early. And a drakeling has a good way out: invis + spit (again).

Being able to munch on spiders is seriously awesome, though.
    You steal a scroll labelled HITME. The orc hits you.

Quote Originally Posted by Spellweaver View Post
    Roarke, I think it's possible to win the game with any combination and it doesn't make it best.
    But, for me, I can say the same for DElves. At least I'll try.
    Intellectually, I do realize that every race has its strengths, and I respect your differing opinion.
    But yeah, for me, it's humans.
    Normal Victories- Human Weaponsmith, Necromancer, Barbarian, Assassin
    Creator's Day Win - Gnome Fighter