Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Monsters & Items Pledge Drive Suggestions

Doppleganger emperor.
    Hoping to win with every class, doomed. Archer, Barbarian, Bard, Beastfighter, Druid, Elementalist, Farmer, Fighter, Monk, and ULE Priest down.

Horses! They would halve the time used to travel in the wilderness, its way too tedious now..
    And a Rat Lord, who would give you money for every cat you kill.
    Gnome Wizardx2, GE Barbarian, HE Archer, Gnome Beastfighter, DE Barbarian.
    PreReleases: ME Wizard, Hurt Archer, Gnome Wizard, Ratling Beastie, DE Monk, Ratling Archer

Hmm... How about some kind of evil Mimic type thing where it impersonates one monster, then you get close and it turns into a mimic!
    So you'd be all like, oh, a Cave lizard, no big, but then it turns out to be a greater mimic!

Also, we need some bird monsters! Giant Roc. Thunder Birds. Phoenixes (sp?).

Emperor penguin? (j/k) ;P

Default spitting cobra

I'd like to see some more low level monsters and medium level monsters with unique abilities,

for example a "spitting cobra" (monster type: snake)
    that is similar to a pit viper (poisonwise) and has an additional blinding attack.
    Blindness is already part of the game with blinding traps, so it should be not too difficult to add

It's debatable whether the blindness attack should only occur in melee range or also in arch attack (I would like it but in this case we need a ray colour for it, sadly yellow rays are already lightning attacks)

Another attack type that already exists but is never used by monsters is poison ray. Bards will have to worry about their pets.

for example a "spitting toad" (monster type: frog, symbol great F , blue F isn't used so far?) with low DV, even lower PV, bad to Hit, bad damage, but being capable of a (not too strong) poison ray

Garotte: two-handed, has extremely low to-hit and damage and a big negative modifier to DV, but automatically hits (maybe instakills) if used of a monster who didn't notice you.

Amulet of shapeshifting: you could confuse monsters on a successful hit, just like dopplegangers.

Some kind of talking sword would be funny as well. It could give suggestions on monsters weaknesses on a successful hit. Maybe some false ones if cursed.
    "The avatar I was... now the fool I am. Heed the warning."

Quote Originally Posted by Nobbse View Post
    for example a "spitting toad" (monster type: frog, symbol great F , blue F isn't used so far?)
    Light blue Fs are hippogriffs, dark blue ones griffons.
    "And light there be!"

Was reading the Dwarf Merchant thread yesterday and realized the desperate need for an acid spitting chaos grizzly bear.
    Hoping to win with every class, doomed. Archer, Barbarian, Bard, Beastfighter, Druid, Elementalist, Farmer, Fighter, Monk, and ULE Priest down.