Thread: Can not find any altars anywhere

Unhappy Can not find any altars anywhere

My level 12 monk has a problem. The Village Dungeon has absolutely no altars.
    Are there any altars anywhere else? I got 7 potions of water just waiting to be blessed.
    Where should I look?

There's a guaranteed altar in Dwarftown, which I believe has the same alignment as the alignment that you have when you first enter Dwarftown (so, if you're L when Dwarftown is generated, it's a Lawful altar... but if you then go elsewhere, become N, and return, it remains a Lawful altar). There's a reasonable chance that you'll find an altar on your way down towards Dwarftown, too.

You could also check the Puppy Cave and the Unremarkable Dungeon (although getting through the SMC to the Unremarkable Dungeon at level 12 may be difficult if you haven't already been into the SMC). I think that both have a reasonably high chance of generating at least one altar, although there's no guarantee to any such altar being aligned, as the Dwarftown one is.

Your best bet is definitely Dwarftown, although it'll take a bit of time (in-game and in real life) to work your way down to it. Puppy Cave is quicker, but I'd estimate maybe a one in two to one in three chance of an appropriate altar being generated. Note that it's probably not worth going any deeper than PC4, since PC5 is a nuisance of a level for trying to do things like safely use an altar, and I don't think altars are common on PC6.

No altars in puppy cave either.
    Nor small cave/unremarkable dungeon (though haven't been able to check more than some couple levels of it).
    Good to know there is one in Dwarftown. Thanks.

[Yeah. Found an altar at level 9 of CoC and it was actually very easy to get there.]
    Last edited by Arranger; 08-16-2012 at 03:51 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Aielyn View Post
    You could also check the Puppy Cave and the Unremarkable Dungeon (although getting through the SMC to the Unremarkable Dungeon at level 12 may be difficult if you haven't already been into the SMC). I think that both have a reasonably high chance of generating at least one altar
    The UD has at least one altar for me 75-percent of the time. Same with the DD (once had three altars in a row there), although that's obviously mutually exclusive with the VD.

Of course, if you're desperately looking for a particular item/feature, guess what the RNG will not create?

I don't think altars are common on PC6.
    It seems to be a regular level as far as altar creation probability is concerned, if that's what you're talking about.
    "And light there be!"

I've always found that the Puppy Cave tends to have a rather high number of dungeon features--comparable to the UD, I'd say.
    Hoping to win with every class, doomed. Archer, Barbarian, Bard, Beastfighter, Druid, Elementalist, Farmer, Fighter, Monk, and ULE Priest down.