Thread: Returning at just the right time!

Talking Returning at just the right time!

Hey all! Just popping in real quick that I decided to pick up and play ADOM again and noticed the crowdfunding going on. Needless to say, I felt compelled to contribute, and it couldn't have been timed any better for me, what with my college education all but done and being out in the workforce! So I figured I'd go in for Wanderer and Seeker and hope that the campaign succeeds! I'll probably be around some in the near future, depending on how long my current interest holds (and if the crowdfunding succeeds, could be a while!) but I figured I had to contribute after all the hours of fun this game has given me. I may look into joining some of the games on the server, although it's a bit of a pain, what with me being in center of the US and the server being hosted oh-so-far-away IIRC.

Regardless, crossing my fingers and I'll be seeing you around!

EDIT: Actually, seems there is a new server after glancing around. Is that still hosted overseas? Probably so, but I didn't see any information regarding it. Who knows though also, maybe I'll be able to connect much better than ages ago when I attempted it.
    Normal - GE Ranger, Human Monk, GE Wizard, Hurthling Beastfighter, Hurthling Farmer
    Ultra - ULE GE Wizard

Welcome back

A trace says the new server is in the US. As far as I know they started from scratch, so if you had any PCs in the old one, they're now lost.
    "And light there be!"

Quote Originally Posted by anon123 View Post
    Welcome back

A trace says the new server is in the US. As far as I know they started from scratch, so if you had any PCs in the old one, they're now lost.
    I didn't, I only ever tried to participate in the occasional challenge game. And I guess that's good for me then - less server lag always makes me happy!
    Normal - GE Ranger, Human Monk, GE Wizard, Hurthling Beastfighter, Hurthling Farmer
    Ultra - ULE GE Wizard

Sorry for double post, but I had a question and I figured I'd ask it here: I've started playing on the new prerelease versions, but I realize you can't bring forther character files - however, is it possible to bring back high score lists from previous versions? I would check myself, but with the state my old machine is in (where I used to play ADOM) it's quite a pain just to keep the thing from shutting down! (laptop, utterly dead battery, almost constant shorting with the power cable that requires one hand to manage and one eye on the power light to keep it from going off, eek) So I don't really want to get the thing loaded up (considering the aforementioned it crashes due to lack of power most of the time) if I can't.
    Ultra - ULE GE Wizard

Quote Originally Posted by FantomFang View Post
    Sorry for double post, but I had a question and I figured I'd ask it here: I've started playing on the new prerelease versions, but I realize you can't bring forther character files - however, is it possible to bring back high score lists from previous versions?
    Yes, using old high score files with 1.2.0pr1 will work.
    "And light there be!"