Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Hey guys! Got a question!

Quote Originally Posted by Lasher View Post
    Also: In unrelated news, I have no source of Cold. How tough is this Eternal Guardian guy?
    Very. But you can evade combat by moving him off the stairs, then immediately teleporting there and descending. Ventriloquism is effective. Or, if you're role-playing another evil character, create alarm traps and two clones of the EG. Eat popcorn as they fight each other, then kill the wounded winner. Repeat as much as you want for free experience. If there's an altar nearby, it's even easier (although you'll get less xp).

Well, it looks like this just turned into YAPT, so maybe you should post a log so we can see how you're going
    "And light there be!"

Nope it's a surprise!

Give you a hint though. I'm level 15 and am seriously considering doing the Tower of Fire though. Save some time amirite?

I'm level 15 and am seriously considering doing the Tower of Fire though. Save some time amirite?
    Well, you've faced the Tower before, so you know what it takes. But I'd say a rule of thumb is probably "don't rush it".
    "And light there be!"

"You suddenly know how to cast the 'wish' spell"

Well! That sounds handy!

Let's see here.... Fi-

Five THOUSAND PP required?!

O_o

Yup, can't let you be casting wish on the cheap!
    Not to mention the toll casting wish takes on your body!
    Normal - GE Ranger, Human Monk, GE Wizard, Hurthling Beastfighter, Hurthling Farmer
    Ultra - ULE GE Wizard

Quote Originally Posted by anon123 View Post
    One of them probably also dropped a climbing set. There's a guaranteed one on DT, but it gets picked up before you can reach it 99% of the time. It took me a long time to realize this.
    Oh wow. I hadn't the faintest idea. Nice how one can still learn new things about a place as accessible as DT.

Give you a hint though. I'm level 15 and am seriously considering doing the Tower of Fire though. Save some time amirite?
    It depends much more on your recources, race/class and stats than on your level. Some characters will find it a piece of cake at level 15, others may need to get some important recources first.

I take it you play a necromancer? So you can cast icy bolts? Perhaps even ice balls? Do you have any fireproof blankets? What sources of -fire or =fire do you have? How many HP? Are you immune to pain? Got a way to disable the Wyrm? Got the water orb? Got dragon slaying ammo?
    You steal a scroll labelled HITME. The orc hits you.

Nope it's a surprise!

I would say that the average level for reaching the tower with a non-troll is around 19-20. That doesn't mean you can't do it earlier if you think you're ready though. The only big difference levels make is increasing your max HP, which can be important for surviving a couple rounds with the ACW or a fire giant king.
    Hoping to win with every class, doomed. Archer, Barbarian, Bard, Beastfighter, Druid, Elementalist, Farmer, Fighter, Monk, and ULE Priest down.

Hey guys! It's cool. Tower of fire was tough! Elementals hit hard!

But: Not as tough as the Cat Lord! Okay, he's dead, but I seriously took 3 corruptions from using the Water Orb during the fight.

Now, question about him! He was faster than me. Like, two steps to my one 3 out of 4 times. And he hit me a bunch of times in a row when he did. BUT: I Looked at him, and it said his speed was the same as mine! Literally the same. So, I don't know what that was all about.

Right now, I'm using the Serpent's Bite, and trying to find a better weapon for the end game. Something tells me it won't work so well in the Earth Temple and below.

IIRC, the cat lord moves like he has a pair of blessed 7LBs on. Someone else will come around and correct me if I'm wrong though, I'm sure.
    Normal - GE Ranger, Human Monk, GE Wizard, Hurthling Beastfighter, Hurthling Farmer
    Ultra - ULE GE Wizard