Page 13 of 29 FirstFirst ... 39101112131415161723 ... LastLast

Thread: FTL - Faster than Light

Pilots, shield guys and engineers used to train skills in asteroid fields even when there was no enemy present - that was really bad.
    ADOM Guides - whatever you wanted to know about playing a certain class, but have been afraid to ask!

Check out my youtube channel to see my ADOM videos, including a completed playthrough of the game. I try to give instructions, so if you want to see some place you haven't been before and get some hints on how to deal with it, this might help! There's also some other games featured there that you might find interesting.

I had to try this game after reading this thread. I'm a big fan of Master of Orion 2 and this reminds me of that game. It took about 6-7 games on easy to beat it. Now i'm trying to win on normal, a lot more difficult task I'm using a lot of boarding crews now, lets see how it goes... Luck is a bit too big factor in this game. If you get good weapons its much easier.

6-7 tries is very impressive, it took me 43 tries to get my 1st and another 38 for the 2nd on normal.

Speaking about luck or lack thereof, I'm in sector 4 with the vortex and had not 1 opportunity to double my crew.

I was slightly spoiled, I saw a video of a guy playing 3 sectors. What is the vortex?

The Vortex is the Engi Cruiser Type B. Starts with 1 crew member.

It's the worst ship in-game. It's a ship that deserves to be named "Glory Device", if you know what I mean

The description of the 'Drone Reactor Booster' makes it sound like it affects only the speed of boarding drones, when in fact it affects the speed of all erm..erm.. inship(?) drones.

Quote Originally Posted by persy View Post
    It's the worst ship in-game. It's a ship that deserves to be named "Glory Device", if you know what I mean
    Arrgh, now I'm all nostalgic for UQM. There really needs to be more games like it.

Quote Originally Posted by Saracen View Post
    I had to try this game after reading this thread. I'm a big fan of Master of Orion 2 and this reminds me of that game. It took about 6-7 games on easy to beat it. Now i'm trying to win on normal, a lot more difficult task I'm using a lot of boarding crews now, lets see how it goes... Luck is a bit too big factor in this game. If you get good weapons its much easier.
    I LOVE master of orion 2, I played it for a good while. Ironically, my pastor was the one who introduced me to it because he's very into videogames.

The vortex isn't that bad, you start out with freakin' heavy guns. Everything but the mantis cruiser and the kestrel(+redtail) have huge drawbacks. I admit, I didn't play the vortex very long, but that was because I wanted to unlock more ships. The bulwark gets really annoying because you get missile trauma trying to keep your ammo afloat and saving up to find a weapon that doesn't waste even more ammo.

Recently I got the glaive beam for the first time(I do have the DA-SR12 but haven't used it yet) and I was in a rock sector so it'd be like RESIST RESIST 3 RESIST RESIST, OMG STOP DOING THAT!! lol
    Last edited by KyoShinda; 09-10-2013 at 10:49 PM.
    P1: This game is so Retired!! How does a wooden ring protect you from becoming bacon??
    P2:
    Just drink Tobasco for the intrinsic you retire!!

I am a big fan of Master of Orion 2, too. Been playing it since the original release and still enjoy it alot! Sooner or later I will definitely make a MOO2 Let's play on youtube (although I am not good enough to beat it on the hardest level, so "hard" is the most difficult one that I could play).
    My band: http://messerschmitt-speed.com
    ... for those old school Heavy Metal maniacs among you
    -----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    My youtube-profile: http://www.youtube.com/GordonOverkillManiac
    ... with lots of ADOM videos, including several complete successful play-throughs and tutorials for beginners