Page 14 of 29 FirstFirst ... 410111213141516171824 ... LastLast

Thread: FTL - Faster than Light

Quote Originally Posted by GordonOverkill View Post
    I am a big fan of Master of Orion 2, too. Been playing it since the original release and still enjoy it alot! Sooner or later I will definitely make a MOO2 Let's play on youtube (although I am not good enough to beat it on the hardest level, so "hard" is the most difficult one that I could play).
    I think we should make an orion thread, because I was going to start talking about builds but this is the ftl thread. From what I'm seeing, that game came out when I was 5.. holy cow. I'm not what you would call an ancient gamer, but I find older games more interesting than newer games because they are all about content. I did manage to beat orion on hard, but that was because it was me vs. one other guy and I rushed him.

And lol to wikipedia: "MoO 2" redirects here. For the chemical MoO2, see Molybdenum dioxide.
    Last edited by KyoShinda; 09-11-2013 at 02:11 AM.
    P1: This game is so Retired!! How does a wooden ring protect you from becoming bacon??
    P2:
    Just drink Tobasco for the intrinsic you retire!!

For Master of Orion 2 fans, have you tried Master of Magic? It's the same kind of game, but on a fantasy setting, with heroes, and tactical battles, and summoned creatures, and spells, lots of spells! MoO2 is a great game but MoM is even better IMHO.

Oh, I played that game to death and gone on impossible setting a year or two before my ADOM addiction started.

Kind of Civilization mixed with Art of War all with magic and fantastic creatures.

I'll def. try this MoM soon, looks interesting...

I won FTL on normal with the Fed. Cruiser. Now I would like to unlock some new ships. I only have 3 (torus, kestrel, Fed. Cruiser). Is it possible to find new ships without spoilers in a reasonable time? Or should i spoil myself?

I enjoy finding them myself, I think you will get them sooner if you spoil yourself, but the puzzles aren't that complicated.

Have you read the ingame tips by clicking on 'LIST' in hangar or stats and hovering pointer over the undiscovered ones?

P.S. Even with the ships you have and unlocking their B types you'll have many attempted playthroughs and encounter the other ships by chance anyway.

P.P.S. On second thought maybe not, as you seem pretty adept. Good hunting.
    Last edited by Stingray1; 09-12-2013 at 08:19 AM.

No I have not, ill do that.
    I decided not to spoil myself yet, let's see how long it takes

The very last one you pretty much need a spoiler, it is very unintuitive and very based on what sectors spawn after another, the rest are fairly easily obtained through normal means though.
    P1: This game is so Retired!! How does a wooden ring protect you from becoming bacon??
    P2:
    Just drink Tobasco for the intrinsic you retire!!

I don't need no spoilers. How dificult can it be, take the guy to the sector, he even tells you that. It requires luck yes, but being spoiled is never a necessity.
    Last edited by Stingray1; 09-15-2013 at 08:09 AM.
    Learn to learn.

The rarest ship unlock takes a lot of luck even with spoilers. The rest I mostly found just playing the game.
    Platinum Edition ADOMer
    http://gamesofgrey.com - check out my roguelikes!

Speaking of unlocks, I fired off FTL today to kill a couple ships and managed to win with a Mantis Cruiser (haven't won with it previously) unlocking Type B at the same time (well achievements make it really hard not to do that).

Decided to give the Basilisk a go. First 3 games I restart because I got Zoltans (one with solar flares for more absurdity) as _first_ fights. Fourth game - destroyed the rebel flagship. Seriously, that's gotta be the best ship ever (although I don't have slug and crystal ships yet) - double shields and defense drone and crew teleport right from the start? Gimme any time.
    I like my women like my ADOM loot - hunted as treasure and in extra quantity.