Thread: YASD - Heimdall, the gnomish necromancer

Default YASD - Heimdall, the gnomish necromancer

While I'm not completely heartbroken over the death of this character as I wanted an ultra and yet he had no way of killing the Emperor Moloch, this was still a stupid death that I think deserves a place here because it isn't common. As a necromancer, I really wanted to employ some undead slaves (they are really underpowered most of the time but I have a soft spot for them anyways) so I took a quickling and reanimated it in the SMC as a level 98 skeleton warrior. The problems came when I went to get him to own Keriax. He destroyed the dragon in one turn, which was pretty scary. I wanted to roast the corpse with a fireball so that I could later take it to Guth'Alak when I would switch to neutral, so I wanted for Jotun, the super-skeleton to step away so that I wouldn't roast him too. The problem was, I forgot that my fireball has a radius of 2. As you can see, being in Coward didn't help against this monster.

That being said, at the same time I discovered a bug... which I'll post in the relevant forum soon. However, you just have to look at this .flg in detail to see the problem yourself.
    heimdall.txt

I doubt it helped that you were doomed.
    ----------
    You spend some time with Skriek, the cloaked ratling, who seems to enjoy your company. The sky is now very clear. The sun burns down on you.
    You talk to Skriek, the cloaked ratling.
    "Yer alternatives are locked, wisehead!" Skriek, the cloaked ratling, misses you. Skriek, the cloaked ratling, misses you. Skriek, the cloaked ratling punches through your armor and hits you.

Quote Originally Posted by 9876098 View Post
    I doubt it helped that you were doomed.
    Yeah, just noticed that too. I was wearing a javelin of doom to get the quickling encounter to begin with, as well as to animate the undead itself in the SMC. Apparently I forgot to take it off...

I've heard amazing stories about SMC buffed quickling undead killing the chaos archmange without the owner noticing and other amazing things. Like they say - If you play with fire, you're gonna get burned.
    Proud member of Team Silfir in the Treasure Hunter debate.