Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Best place to gring for xp??

Default Best place to gring for xp??

I'm attempting an Avatar of Order ending. L38 Dwarven Beastfighter on day 55. Waiting on day 60 to get the crown.
    I've been grinding SMC since day 52, was able to get from L35 to 38, but had 2 corruptions added. This isn't going to work, getting corrupted this fast.
    Do you guys know of any better place(s) to grind for xp? I've cleared all the way down to D:48 and have the artifact dagger.
    Learn to learn.

Either wish for an AKW and kill it while you're slowed and all that, or ancient blue dragons (but do kill Sharad-Waador first, provided that you have Needle - there are several artifact daggers in the game, by the way).

Quote Originally Posted by Maul View Post
    Either wish for an AKW and kill it while you're slowed and all that
    Did you kill the one that gives the quest yet?
    You steal a scroll labelled HITME. The orc hits you.

I've killed a few AKW's they only give about 45k xp and i'm a non-casting Dwarven Beastfighter, so can't slow myself. I need about another 6 bar xp to reach L45 am L39 now and acquired another corruption.
    Killing the quest giving AKW is too chaotic an act for my character. I have considered it, but am trying to play in character
    Learn to learn.

Quote Originally Posted by Stingray1 View Post
    I've killed a few AKW's they only give about 45k xp and i'm a non-casting Dwarven Beastfighter, so can't slow myself. I need about another 6 bar xp to reach L45 am L39 now and acquired another corruption.
    Killing the quest giving AKW is too chaotic an act for my character. I have considered it, but am trying to play in character
    AKWs aren't the same as great karmic wyrms, which do give pretty little XP. In that case, the options outlined above remain.

Oh. So, a foo dropped a RoDS, used a Slow shadow to slow down to 98 speed. Summoned that Ancient Karmic Wyrm and got 2 bar from it.
    Thx guys, at least I'm a bit closer now on L42.
    Learn to learn.

For something like a beast fighter I would recommend, if you have TP + TPControl to wish for the Emperor Moloch in some place like Darkforge. That would likely do the trick pretty quickly. Just be very careful.

Quote Originally Posted by Albahan View Post
    For something like a beast fighter I would recommend, if you have TP + TPControl to wish for the Emperor Moloch in some place like Darkforge. That would likely do the trick pretty quickly. Just be very careful.
    Why Darkforge? Why not a pacified Big Room, where the character wouldn't get stuck all the time and would always have a clear shot? Or even the wilderness? Or even the SMC for higher level molochs at the expense of more risk. Still, I'm pretty sure that the AKW is always better. A wand of magic missiles with many charges can kill it alright.

I was always under the impression that the greater molochs would end up giving more experience in total than the AKW. I suppose if you're a wizard and have access to the slow monster spell it might net more experience. I just said DF because I've used it in the past and it worked well for me, though I suppose there are quite a few confined spaces and corners to deal with. I don't think the wilderness would yield GMs with high enough levels to get him enough XP but that's just speculation.

Default place to wish for GMs is the Barbarian's glade, though I've seen crazy people wish for one while clearing a greater undead vault and come out on top.

GMs in wilderness will still yield an easy multiple-hundreds-of-thousands exp a pop. With the number they are generated in, it's a guaranteed Lvl 45 if not closer to 50.

Lastly, GM wish is just as risk free as AKW wish. Unless you do something dumb, you won't get hit once (and even if you do, it's unlikely you'll die unless you are very frail).
    gate closers: GeWi GnMo(unarmed) DeAs/Pa/Mi(staves)/Ra GePr DrBb HrMo | p7: MeBf | p17: GnPr | p20: DrDu GnAs DeCk MeWp OrBf GnTh MeHe | R57: MeDu | R101: DrAs (26,674 turns) GnDu (26,748) DrAs (18,533)
    ULE: HeRa — OCG: DeMi
    currently speedrunning DrAs.