Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast

Thread: ADOM: The Resurrection Twitter Development updates

Wow, thanks for your posts, there are some great new corruptions there.

-You thrive on the flesh of Order (?)
    Have you tried eating the corpses of lawful monsters to see what happens?
    "And light there be!"

Quote Originally Posted by Silfir View Post
    It means that the number of corruptions you can get before turning into a writhing mass of primal chaos will not be increased (maybe even lowered). In old ADOM, you could collect all the corruptions minus one. Now you can only collect about half.
    Ah, now I understand. That is just what I expected. The word "convert" confused me.
    I'm going to win with Dark Elves of all classes.
    Mindcrafter, Necromancer, Beastfighter, ULE Archer, UNE Barbarian done.

I do wish to get sting+whatever_its_name_was eventually. Will there be a guaranteed way to do that, or are we now bound to have 25% (never been good with probability, please correct me if I'm wrong) chance to visit quickling tree in any started game??? (assuming that those two corruptions didn't help climbing to the library as it makes things even worse) Still months ahead of me, but while I love having the same ground in figuring awesome new combos as the old guard, those two things feel like a downer.

You can get Sting without entering the Quicking Tree

I think the jury's still out on the ability to enter the QT tho.

Quote Originally Posted by Spellweaver View Post
    -Your blood is freezingly cold (Dx: -2, Ap: -1, -10 speed)
    Doesn't it have any positive effects? Like resistance or immunity?
    -Your eye(s) turn black (Pe +3)
    No negative effects at all, again? It seems strange to me.
    -Your blood turns to acid (when monsters attack you, they are splashed with acid and take damage... Gives acid immunity?)
    The same. Maybe it somehow affects regeneration?
    I suspect that most/all of these probably do have negative/positive effects that I'm not aware of. My testing hasn't been that extensive. I just rolled a random PC with a wand of trap creation and generated a corruption trap to see what I could turn up, then fiddled around with a few things as I went along. Not all corruptions reveal the full extent of their effects in the text (eg. mana battery)
    Hoping to win with every class, doomed. Archer, Barbarian, Bard, Beastfighter, Druid, Elementalist, Farmer, Fighter, Monk, and ULE Priest down.

Not all corruptions need to be negative / positive.

Attuned to astral planes is all positive
    Poison hands is all negative

astral planes without tele-control is all negative....
    poison hands (with chaotics) in melee all positive...
    All Races as Barbarians.

As I recall, PCs have great luck with pools the color of their eyes. Do black pools exist? Maybe the "black eyes" corruption causes terrible luck with pools.

Quote Originally Posted by BlitzerkidSix View Post
    As I recall, PCs have great luck with pools the color of their eyes. Do black pools exist? Maybe the "black eyes" corruption causes terrible luck with pools.
    Yeah, there are black pools but the eye/pool color thing is just a rumor.

Quote Originally Posted by Silfir View Post
    It means that the number of corruptions you can get before turning into a writhing mass of primal chaos will not be increased (maybe even lowered). In old ADOM, you could collect all the corruptions minus one. Now you can only collect about half.
    I wonder what happens if you repeatedly get cleaned with scrolls of chaos resistance and get corrupted again. Depending on what exactly is meant by "subsets", it is possible that there are corruptions you will still never see, even though the maximum number of corruptions you can have at a time is not the limiting factor in that case.
    You steal a scroll labelled HITME. The orc hits you.