Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Misc questions (class based item drops and creature pacification)

For archer ammo, you might want to try finding roving barbarian groups in the wilderness. Let them shoot at you for awhile and you can accumulate a large pile of basic arrows very quickly. When you kill them, they'll also occasionally (fairly common) drop decent sized stacks (~20) of arrows.
    Hoping to win with every class, doomed. Archer, Barbarian, Bard, Beastfighter, Druid, Elementalist, Farmer, Fighter, Monk, and ULE Priest down.

Unless the artifact is a } or possibly the " just leave it alone for now. Except maybe if it's ". That would be amazing.
    Proud member of Team Silfir in the Treasure Hunter debate.

Because I know you're all dying to know what artifact it was I wanted to touch base and inform you that we will never know... my PC powered down mid game and the progress is lost. My most recent backup was when I got the bracers of war, and there was no surge of power when the dwarven halls were generated the second time.

On the upside there were black and blue DSM in DF along with an eternium halberd of penetration and a mace of destruction.

I really, really hope that I get suns messenger... I really do... my bows are apparently coated in napalm because I seem to loose them to fire pretty often. (Yes, I have lucky (triply) and fate smiles (doubly).
    I need a shorter sig.

Quote Originally Posted by Kyreles View Post
    Unless the artifact is a } or possibly the " just leave it alone for now. Except maybe if it's ". That would be amazing.
    Come on, don't mess with his head like that.

Sorry to hear about the power failure, nipon. That stuff happens, sadly; I try to back up frequently so that I don't lose much.

Surges of power are said to happen when the artifact would have lied on the dungeon floor as a random initial item. It's very rare to get even one.
    "And light there be!"

Power failure can cost you characters if you aren't prepared. I don't generally back up characters. If they are lost to a power failure then they are lost forever. I may just feel that way because I don't have power outages regularly. Maybe I'm just a jerk who likes unnecessarily difficult challenge. Also: I have won enough that I'm not too distraught over losing a character (unless I was trying something really special).
    Proud member of Team Silfir in the Treasure Hunter debate.