Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Artifact generation questions

Quote Originally Posted by nipon621 View Post
    The danger level is easily adjusted using scrolls of danger/peace or the location at which you build the trap.
    It doesn't really matter once you get a gremlin bomb going, but mind corruption from making it a high DL place. And keep in mind that Scrolls of peace/danger aren't an exact science. Blessed Scrolls of Peace do more than one level. And Scrolls of Danger are more effective if cursed.
    Proud member of Team Silfir in the Treasure Hunter debate.

Quote Originally Posted by nipon621 View Post
    Hey guys,

I scummed that test archer so badly that I'm just going to turn him into the biggest, most broken, powerhouse I have ever seen.

Here's the issue. I want him to get Sun's Messenger. I already know that his crowning gift is thunderstroke. I have not generated the water dragon's lair yet, nor have I generated any greater vaults. Is it possible to re-roll item generation using save scumming at the WDL (or greater vaults for that matter) until the desired artifact(s) are generated?

What other extremely dirty, 'will make you go to ADOM hell' tactics could be used to boost their generation? I know there must be somebody in this forum who obtained all artifacts with a PC (maybe gut?). I'm curious to know how they did it.

Additional question - what is the distinguishing feature of the unidentified Sun's Messenger?
    not sure how many turns you want to use, but the Small Cave has a chance to generate artifacts that would appear to be slightly higher than other levels, if you look at eternium man VP they often generate things like protector. If theortically, you gremlin bombed 3+ million plus turns you would generate an extra 10 or so artifacts. Not sure what would happen when the "pool" of artifacts ran out though.

Quote Originally Posted by Carter View Post
    not sure how many turns you want to use, but the Small Cave has a chance to generate artifacts that would appear to be slightly higher than other levels, if you look at eternium man VP they often generate things like protector. If theortically, you gremlin bombed 3+ million plus turns you would generate an extra 10 or so artifacts. Not sure what would happen when the "pool" of artifacts ran out though.
    Thank you Carter! This is indeed helpful!
    I need a shorter sig.