Thread: Register for Ancardia.Us.To?

Default Register for Ancardia.Us.To?

How do I do it? I'm finally trying to use the server, somehow got putty to work (never been able to before) and everything seems kosher but I can't find a link or anything that lets me register an account.

Thanks.
    I need a shorter sig.

From the server's homepage:

"To create a new user, give username 'adom' and password 'adom', follow directions, then re-log in with your newly created account.

NOTE: only 3 registrations allowed per IP every day."
    "And light there be!"

Quote Originally Posted by anon123 View Post
    From the server's homepage:

"To create a new user, give username 'adom' and password 'adom', follow directions, then re-log in with your newly created account.

NOTE: only 3 registrations allowed per IP every day."
    Thank you, I seem to have missed that. I'm getting lazier every day I guess.
    I need a shorter sig.

Yes, please read the readme. http://ancardia.us.to/#play

So I seem to have gotten it to work, but the numpad keeps doing weird things like changing my tactics (1 on the numpad) regardless of whether or not the numpad option is on.

If I edit the settings/keybinds, will that affect everyone or just me?
    I need a shorter sig.

You needed to change one of the terminal keyboard settings in Putty to make tactics work correctly. The homepage also has a list of recommended client settings.

This change only affects you (it'd be a serious problem otherwise ).
    "And light there be!"

I'm an idiot. I hold a doctoral degree and I can't seem to read the dang instuctions, lol
    I need a shorter sig.

I also want to note (since you've quit IRC) that Internet connection problems will not lose you game time on the server. It uses a program called 'screen' to achieve this - if you close the PuTTY window without saving and quitting, the next time you connect and start ADOM it will be right there. Also, with sage enabled, backup saves are taken every 1000 turns and when you save manually.

The only real way to lose data is if the server crashes (datacenter goes out, Texas secedes, etc); which hasn't happened yet.

So you don't have to panic when it goes nonresponsive.
    ADOM, where the most commonly used letter in the alphabet is the explosive rune. - starfries