Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: lucky character

Default lucky character

Dark Elf Paladin, good stats, got crowned early (level 6ish) hoping for Justifier and got it (wooo)
    my two corruptions were astral (luckily had eaten a special corpse earlier)
    and poison hands :s so i was roaming around hoping for some special gauntlets hoping not to starve to death in the mean time, when i find a pair along with bone bracers in a hallway so i run around picking up the potions i had lost and get 3 PoGA - then a lightning lizard happens along and blasts my gauntlets and bracers!! so i rage into him and he drops a new pair of bone bracers!!, and on the next level i find another pair of thick gauntlets

(ps: it is my birthday today maybe the rng is treating me nicely?)
    All Races as Barbarians.

Quote Originally Posted by ghostrobotmoonzombie View Post
    Dark Elf Paladin, good stats, got crowned early (level 6ish) hoping for Justifier and got it (wooo)
    my two corruptions were astral (luckily had eaten a special corpse earlier)
    and poison hands :s so i was roaming around hoping for some special gauntlets hoping not to starve to death in the mean time, when i find a pair along with bone bracers in a hallway so i run around picking up the potions i had lost and get 3 PoGA - then a lightning lizard happens along and blasts my gauntlets and bracers!! so i rage into him and he drops a new pair of bone bracers!!, and on the next level i find another pair of thick gauntlets

Accept my condolences for a bizarre imminent death of your PC. He could have rocked with that J, but alas!
    I like my women like my ADOM loot - hunted as treasure and in extra quantity.

I would also like to preemptively tell you I'm sorry for your loss. The rng can be a real dick sometimes.
    Proud member of Team Silfir in the Treasure Hunter debate.

Quote Originally Posted by ghostrobotmoonzombie View Post
    I seem to remember my first win was either started or finished in my birthday, and it's a well-known fact that the RNG can read minds, so there might be some such mechanics at work.

Anyway, don't play ADOM thinking your character will eventually die, because then it will most certainly happen. You had a great start so far - just play carefully and don't let Justifier make you overconfident.

"And light there be!"

Quote Originally Posted by anon123 View Post
    You had a great start so far - just play carefully and don't let Justifier make you overconfident.
    You're no fun, anon123
    I like my women like my ADOM loot - hunted as treasure and in extra quantity.

Sorry if I come up as such, and I know you guys were joking - but grieving in advance for the death of someone's promising PC can be a self-fulfilling prophecy
    "And light there be!"

Quote Originally Posted by anon123 View Post
    Anyway, don't play ADOM thinking your character will eventually die, because then it will most certainly happen. You had a great start so far - just play carefully and don't let Justifier make you overconfident.
    Overconfidence isn't even possible. He is going to beat the game with ease. Don't worry, nothing could possibly go wrong. This is your lucky character.
    You steal a scroll labelled HITME. The orc hits you.

with justifier in hand, the rng has nothing to say about it anymore. it is your whipping boy and should be treated as such
    "Whip me!" pleads the adom player. The rng replies... "No."

It'll be okay if you let your guard down. It'll just be for a second. What could possibly go wrong?
    Proud member of Team Silfir in the Treasure Hunter debate.

well, i pushed the wrong button and stood on a black altar in a room that had three kobolds and a goblin....
    but they must have been dozing cause i just sauntered off without being sacced
    All Races as Barbarians.