Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Trying to do a platinum mindcrafter

Quote Originally Posted by Stingray1 View Post
    Is it true that no lawful creature may die and how would you know when one did?

Do you only find out when reaching d:50?
    Yes. If a dwarf or blink dog dies in a fight with another monster it doesn't show up in your kill list. You can minimize the chance this happens, but you can't be sure until you're done. Still, imo this challenge is not bad as challenges go. I made it twice so far (barbarian and mindcrafter) and in my failed attempts I had made mistakes.

I think backstabbing can ruin it too. So I think it's best not to get backstabbing from Bart (and don't play orc).
    Last edited by grobblewobble; 10-27-2012 at 08:22 AM.
    You steal a scroll labelled HITME. The orc hits you.

My character died to blink dogs that overwhelmed the big room. This was a real pity.
    I'm going to win with Dark Elves of all classes.
    Mindcrafter, Necromancer, Beastfighter, ULE Archer, UNE Barbarian done.

Too bad, Spellweaver. Sometimes the early game just screws you.

I personally prefer starting at L alignment to prevent blink dogs from summoning, but it has the drawbacks that Sirtheta mentioned.

Quote Originally Posted by Soirana View Post
    Another thing to remember is some of neutral quests actually draw your allignment towards N= if at that moment you happen to be above N= your actual allignment moves downwards and according reports that kills chance of platinum girdle.
    The druid quest does that when you are between N= and NL (it supposedly gives a lawful boost if you are LN or up). Picking up the corpse of the druid is chaotic too, I heard, so the quest isn't that hot in any case.
    You steal a scroll labelled HITME. The orc hits you.