Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: [The Weakest Link 2012] League of Spice

Sorry, Kyreles. I will be strict here. Up to Albahan to survive the savegame uploaded by knight.
    You steal a scroll labelled HITME. The orc hits you.

No big deal. I'll upload my video of my attempt after someone survives Knight's turn. Good luck guys!
    Proud member of Team Silfir in the Treasure Hunter debate.

I died. Definitely could have played it a lot better.

I'm busy right now, but I expect to be able to play during the next 6-8 hours.

I have played, and I have survived. However, the character is now quite badly screwed up. I think the situation is survivable but it's dangerous.

14000-14171: The beginning was fine. Killed some mobs, included another spider factory and her spiders.
    14171: Descended to I23, and started waiting for HP (I was at 50 HP). Heard the sound of rushing water.
    14431: Heard a popping sound. I don't like that sound at all, so I stopped waiting for HP and began exploring (at 90 HP).
    14471: Encountered a greater mimic. Killed it, but it brought me back to 50 HP so, despite how much I hate popping sounds, I preferred to wait.
    14798: Began exploring again, at 90 HP.
    14950: Found what was making the popping sound. Ochre jellies. A corridor full of them. A corridor that I needed to go through, full of them.
    14951: Started slaughtering ochre jellies. I first used some slaying ammo that we had, but it didn't last for too long (it was only 3 arrows, for lots of jellies).
    15048: Reached exp. lvl. 13 and improved Athletics, Detect Traps and Swimming.
    15060: I was out of slaying ammo, and regular ammo was not very effective against the jellies. I had the feeling that they were mutliplying faster than I could kill them. And I needed to get through that corridor. I killed some of them barehanded, but their acidic skin was dealing me like 7-8 damage per hit, so that just wasn't sustainable. So I thought the most reasonable choice would be to equip the adamantium spear that we had found earlier. Yeah, we are a beastfighter, but what could I do? Taking that horde of jellies unarmed was suicide. So I equipped the spear, and of course, as you're all thinking, it's cursed.
    15210: Finally managed to fight my way out of the corridor, and then sidetrack the remaining jellies and get to the stairs. Descended to I24 at 46 HP.
    to 15824: Waited until 110 HP. Heard distant wind several times.
    15825: Started exploring again. Opened a door to a room with a dwarven chaos knight between some other mobs. I found it difficult to fight the knight with the cursed spear, so I fleed towards an unexplored direction hoping to find stairs. The stairs were indeed there, but several other mobs came my way, including a ghost lord. I managed to kill some mobs but I took quite a lot of damage from the chaos knight and the ghost lord. I managed to make it to the square with the stairs (although with both those mobs adjacent), but that was just in turn 15999, so I decided to wait out the last turn on coward to give the next player the decision on whether to descend or to stay in this level.

So right now the situation is as follows: we are standing right on the down stairs. The next player may take the decision of starting his turn by ">"ing, but he will be followed by a ghost lord and a dwarven chaos knight, or he may try to kill them or sidetrack them first using coward tactics, or risk drinking potions. We only have 29 HP, and have been aged several times by the ghost lord.

I know the char is now significantly worse off than when I took it, but it wasn't chaotic tactics, it was all in good faith... those ochre jellies were too strong to kill with normal arrows and fighting them unarmed meant taking too much damage. Maybe I could have done something better than wielding the spear but I don't know what, definitely if I stayed unarmed I would now either be dead or have created a "Trial of the Horde of Ochre Jellies" in I23 due to leaving them to multiply a lot. And of course, from the moment I wielded the cursed spear, the character became much less powerful in melee and now has problems to fight the mobs. Oh well, let's see if we can survive this It's interesting for sure.

Code:
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------------
                                     Screenshot

#########
                                 +.......#
                                 #.......#             ######### #######
                                 #.......#             #.......# #.....#
                       #######   #.......###############.......###.<...#
                       #..G..#   #......./............./......./.......#
                       #..h@.#####.......###############################
                       #..$../.../.......#
                       ###################

Spice         St:19  Le: 9  Wi:16  Dx:17  To:21  Ch: 6  Ap: 6  Ma: 1  Pe:15 L
    DV/PV: 57/16   H: 29(166)     P: 13(13)      Exp: 13/77181      I24   M: 16000
    Coward

----------------------------------------------------------------------------
                                      Inventory
    ----------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Total weight: 1560 stones                Carrying capacity: 2100 stones

Head          : metal cap [+0, +3]                                    [50s]
    Neck          : steel amulet                                           [3s]
    Body          : studded leather armor (-1, +0) [-1, +3]              [250s]
    Girdle        : -
    Cloak         : cloak of defense [+3, +0]                             [20s]
    Right Hand    : cursed adamantium spear (+1, 1d8+6)                   [36s]
    Left Hand     : medium shield [+3, +2]                               [100s]
    Right Ring    : -
    Left Ring     : nograin ring                                           [1s]
    Bracers       : -
    Gauntlets     : -
    Boots         : sandals [+3, +0]                                       [6s]
    Missile weapon: short bow (+2, +0)                                    [20s]
    Missiles      : bundle of 3 arrows                                     [6s]
    Tool          : holy symbol                                            [5s]
    Attached Files Attached Files
    Last edited by Al-Khwarizmi; 11-09-2012 at 06:16 PM.

Very interesting. I will play later tonight. The immediate situation doesn't look that dire, actually. Just inconvenient
    Hoping to win with every class, doomed. Archer, Barbarian, Bard, Beastfighter, Druid, Elementalist, Farmer, Fighter, Monk, and ULE Priest down.

Here's my pathetic death from earlier:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vSljPiTNHGs

I suck badly
    Platinum Edition ADOMer
    http://gamesofgrey.com - check out my roguelikes!

I got stuck between the DE priestess spider factory and a werewolf lord summoning tons of wolves. Everything was going fine until I let the werewolf lord get next to me and he crit'ed me to death. Was quite unfortunate.

Quote Originally Posted by Albahan View Post
    I got stuck between the DE priestess spider factory and a werewolf lord summoning tons of wolves. Everything was going fine until I let the werewolf lord get next to me and he crit'ed me to death. Was quite unfortunate.
    I did see and kill a wolf or two, I think, but I didn't see the werewolf lord. Probably because I descended before he had time to get to me.

Quote Originally Posted by Grey View Post
    Here's my pathetic death from earlier:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vSljPiTNHGs

I suck badly
    Indeed you do. I made the mistake of surviving too long. I guess I'm just not a n.f.
    http://youtu.be/sFf35YvhbBE

edit: Oh Grey, I marked my videos as responses to your's (as they take place right after them). I think you have to approve this somehow. I don't know how, but I suspect you will.
    Last edited by Kyreles; 11-10-2012 at 12:20 AM.
    Proud member of Team Silfir in the Treasure Hunter debate.