Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: [The Weakest Link 2012] League of Blood

Quote Originally Posted by ilsekko View Post
    In fact, what puzzles me somehow is that i didn't get the advancement upon triggering the trap, but only some ten turns later, during which i didn't do anything but running. Wtf?
    Sounds as if something just bled to death from the initial explosion

I'm dead. Had to open that fire trapped door to get to down stairs, killed instantly. Took 44 HP in fire damage only a few dozen turns into my round.

Quote Originally Posted by Knight View Post
    I'm dead. Had to open that fire trapped door to get to down stairs, killed instantly. Took 44 HP in fire damage only a few dozen turns into my round.
    Uhm..this sounds like trouble, with a maximum of 41hp. Damned be those useless elves. I fell pretty on the edge of an abyss, literally speaking.
    you can't wake up who's pretending to sleep

Lived.

2360 - I8! we survived the door trap with 15hp (lost cooshoo to griffon which we didn't manage to fiddle on our side, not sure if I understand how music/bards work), we lost some time running around tarantula to regain health after stone block trap right in front of the door
    2552 - we ate the slightly rotten meat that was left of our cooshoo and at 30hp gather enough courage to try to open the door... no trap this time.
    2770 - we retreat at 19hp from least deamon (got shield from an outlaw/rockthrower and ate a giant bat), we also shortly had a rat friend, but he did not survive long
    2913 - female orc chieftain opens the door at 31hp, no corpse
    2939 - orc follows steps, with tasty corpse
    3000 - safe and sound at 40hp

Code:
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------------
                                     Screenshot
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------------

#.#
                                 #*#
     #########           #########*#############
     #.......#           #$........[./..........
     #...@...#           #...........###########
     #...<...#           #.........*.#
     #.......#############...........#
     #......(+.......................#
     #################################

Blood         St:11  Le:19  Wi:11  Dx:22  To: 9  Ch:15  Ap:20  Ma:19  Pe:19 L
    DV/PV: 8/2     H: 40(41)      P: 32(32)      Exp: 6/3139        I8    M: 3000
    Berserk
    Attached Files Attached Files
    Last edited by szopin; 11-14-2012 at 12:58 AM. Reason: attachment

I was killed by the door trap as well.
    Hoping to win with every class, doomed. Archer, Barbarian, Bard, Beastfighter, Druid, Elementalist, Farmer, Fighter, Monk, and ULE Priest down.

I don't know, but I think that door trap was a little unfair. Basically, some players survived because they got lucky; there's literally nothing a player can do about the trap except cross their fingers. Is there any wiggle room here or is the RNG's word final?

I don't know, but I think that door trap was a little unfair. Basically, some players survived because they got lucky; there's literally nothing a player can do about the trap except cross their fingers. Is there any wiggle room here or is the RNG's word final?
    I tested the savegame quite a few times and survived the door trap every time being taken down only to 16hp from full health. There was a stone block trap on the spot before the door so perhaps you didn't realize you were injured when you kicked it down? Otherwise I don't understand how there would be this discrepancy.

I kicked the door down at 41 HP, which was max, iirc. That's really strange, maybe I got super-unlucky. Or the RNG has a bone to pick.

I guess it's just RNG lottery played with a not so strong character..i think it was almost impossible to survive without leveling up, no doubt it required a lucky dice roll.

Quote Originally Posted by Albahan View Post
    I tested the savegame quite a few times and survived the door trap every time being taken down only to 16hp from full health. There was a stone block trap on the spot before the door so perhaps you didn't realize you were injured when you kicked it down? Otherwise I don't understand how there would be this discrepancy.
    ok, maybe not impossible to survive but very hard at least..jellyslayer fell to the same door trap, maybe on full hp as well.