Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Pre ToEF wish

I love the Teleportation spell too much to not wish for Concentration, if I don't have it. Especially in the Blue Dragon Caves and Stone Circle.

Otherwise Gaab'Baay stuff. If I have them then wands of pararalyzation, 7LB in that order.
    Learn to learn.

Quote Originally Posted by grobblewobble View Post
    That would indeed be awesome.
    Think of how long they'd take to read, though...

Quote Originally Posted by Al-Khwarizmi View Post
    Years ago I used to wish for RDSM, but now I think it's mostly not worth it. As JellySlayer says, it's usually easy to get enough fire resistance for the ToEF; and in the course of the game it's common to find lots of good body armor.
    you should always do darkforge before the tower, and a good 50% chance of findng a decent scalemail anyway.

surprised noone mentioned rings of ice. For a character like an archer i'll go for rings of ice, as it means i can carry my equipment all the way through the tower, whereas blankets tend to melt.

Quote Originally Posted by Carter View Post
    you should always do darkforge before the tower, and a good 50% chance of findng a decent scalemail anyway.

surprised noone mentioned rings of ice. For a character like an archer i'll go for rings of ice, as it means i can carry my equipment all the way through the tower, whereas blankets tend to melt.
    "Fate smiles" is all you need to prevent melting. Really. And blessed blankets are, to my suprise, safer then blessed rings.

You also can wish for scrolls of education. Blessed ones give you new skill. It can be woodcraft or tactics, but also can be food preservation/concentration/find weakness/athletics/archery/detect item status, or even alertness. Wishing gives you 2d2 scrolls, so it's lottery.
    And it may be much wiser to save wish for future if possible.

Girdle of Giant Strength, then pimp it up with SoDef.prot.
    All Races as Barbarians.

Half the time I bring a blessed FP blanket into ToEF, with Luck, Fate Smiles intrinsic & ankh, it burns up in <2000 turns. (RNG thinks it's funny to do this after I've explored tower to top floor w/ no FP blanket, too). I consider them pretty much useless at this point.

Okay, maybe half the time is slight exaggeration, but it has happened twice to me relatively recently and it is seriously annoying.
    gate closers: GeWi GnMo(unarmed) DeAs/Pa/Mi(staves)/Ra GePr DrBb HrMo | p7: MeBf | p17: GnPr | p20: DrDu GnAs DeCk MeWp OrBf GnTh MeHe | R57: MeDu | R101: DrAs (26,674 turns) GnDu (26,748) DrAs (18,533)
    ULE: HeRa — OCG: DeMi
    currently speedrunning DrAs.

RNG is wierd then. Can't remember smth like that in 30+ ToEF journeys, and I have a habit to grind on TF1... (That's 1.1.1 btw)

Yeah, I don't know why I forgot rings of ice. I've wished for them sometimes, and they are a very nice wish too, especially if you're going to slay the ACW with slaying ammo. Blankets protect your backpack but not the stuff you are wearing/wielding (like bow and arrows).

Quote Originally Posted by SirTheta View Post
    Half the time I bring a blessed FP blanket into ToEF, with Luck, Fate Smiles intrinsic & ankh, it burns up in <2000 turns. (RNG thinks it's funny to do this after I've explored tower to top floor w/ no FP blanket, too). I consider them pretty much useless at this point.

Okay, maybe half the time is slight exaggeration, but it has happened twice to me relatively recently and it is seriously annoying.
    this happened to me not once, but twice in the space of about 5000 moves. Go into the tower, got to the top level. Blanket torched.

scum ID for literally about 2 minutes and wow, a blanket! bless it, and back to the tower! it goes up in smoke on the 2nd level. with the ankh etc.

behold, the power of dooming
    "Whip me!" pleads the adom player. The rng replies... "No."