Page 14 of 15 FirstFirst ... 4101112131415 LastLast

Thread: Chaos Knights information (Spoilers)

crowned by gathering enough $$$?

Quote Originally Posted by Carter View Post
    crowned by gathering enough $$$?

For the record, if it wasn't clear: once you are neutral, all your problems with NPC's are over. Ratlings will suddenly trade with you again, thrundarr gives out his quests normally, the eternal guardian will cooperate, etc etc. I tried to make this clear in the wiki but the layout could use a cleanup.
    You steal a scroll labelled HITME. The orc hits you.

Quote Originally Posted by grobblewobble View Post
    For the record, if it wasn't clear: once you are neutral, all your problems with NPC's are over. Ratlings will suddenly trade with you again, thrundarr gives out his quests normally, the eternal guardian will cooperate, etc etc. I tried to make this clear in the wiki but the layout could use a cleanup.
    Do CK class powers apply with neutral or lawful alignment?
    I think it would be logical if CKs could use their powers only when they have proper chaotic alignment.

Class powers work normally. I haven't tested lawful alignment, though. Not sure if it is entirely the same as neutral.

Quote Originally Posted by wzq View Post
    I think it would be logical if CKs could use their powers only when they have proper chaotic alignment.
    I suggested that on IRC yesterday. That way you can selfishly convert for a short time to reap the rewards of a non-C alignment, then go back to your old ways (which sounds in line with what an evil character would do), but long-term conversion wouldn't be an option. And sacrificing yourself by closing the gate as a non-chaotic would mean even more, as you don't have your class powers to help you in the fight.
    "And light there be!"

The ancient scythe is a really nice weapon for a chaos knight. The corruption effect works like a weapon of vampirism, but it doesn't change alignment.

Quote Originally Posted by grobblewobble View Post
    but it doesn't change alignment.
    I'm fairly sure using the scythe is a chaotic act. I once changed alignment to N- to get the scrolls from the mystic, and after taking the scythe for a joyride (which I usually never do, but I was bored with this particular PC), I went all the way down to C.
    "And light there be!"

About a certain pair of boots

Playing since gamma 10, when necklaces looked like &s. Lithium man. Brass + Lithium. OCG. Illiterate barb. One race and one class to go.

I noted it somewhere else, but can't remember where. Moloch's Thorns also allow you to walk across D49. You cannon propel yourself (with a Potion of Uselessness, for example) while wearing them. You can either walk with them on, or take them off and throw stuff.
    Proud member of Team Silfir in the Treasure Hunter debate.