Page 1 of 15 1234511 ... LastLast

Thread: Chaos Knights information (Spoilers)

Default Chaos Knights information (Spoilers)

This thread will have spoilers. Please don't read if you aren't interested.

Just thought it'd be good to have a place to collect info about them. I'll try to edit this first post to consolidate info a little bit.

No quests from Neutral or Lawful quest givers (Terinyo, Dak, Thundarr) while you are chaotic.

You start with 4 corruptions

Ratling Traders won't talk to you. They just say business is closed. They will trade if you convert away from Chaotic.

Chatting with Hawkslayer makes him hostile! (While chaotic)

A chaos knight does not need to be extremely corrupted to enter the chaos plane.

When Neutral alignment you recieve -2 to all stats.

Chaos knights can enter the assassins guild without being teleported away once This is not true.

Changing alignment from C- is difficult. You begin with as very chaotic. Once you convert away from C you "feel fiery pain in your stomach!" and will take damage periodically. (This will change to "Aching pains wreck your bowels!" with no damage if you have -fire.)

6 - corrupting attacks heal (Including corruption traps and extremely corrupting areas - candyland levels espicially).
    12 - random speed bonus of +1d(level) each round
    18 - random skill bonus of +1d8 each round for wielded weapons
    25 - random damage bonus of +1d(level) each round with two-handed weapons
    25 - random bonus of +1d(number of corruptions) to ST, DX, TO each round
    32 - corrupt at reduced speed the more corrupted you are (75% speed if more than 5 corruptions, 50% speed if more than 10 corruptions)
    40 - one-time HP bonus of +50
    50 - hardened, +4d6 PV randomly determined each round

Start with very nice armor (very high PV). Heir gift is Chaotic Battle Axe of Slaughtering (+0, 2d8+3)

Skillset:
    • Athletics
    • Backstabbing
    • Dodge
    • Find Weakness
    • Two Weapon Combat

Crowning Gifts:
    • Death's Blade
    • Grod
    • Foeslammer
    • Spiked Armor of Chaos and Terror
    • Moloch Boots
    • Crowned Spiked Helmet of Chaos Lordship
    Last edited by Kyreles; 12-17-2012 at 02:31 PM.
    Proud member of Team Silfir in the Treasure Hunter debate.

I don't see a manual entry for the class?

Not directly related, but:
    Code:
    Sgr, the drakish chaos Knight, quit prematurely.
    He scored 0 points.
    [OK, to be honest: he scored -14545 points!]
    Last edited by Alucard; 12-06-2012 at 08:46 PM.
    ADOM, where the most commonly used letter in the alphabet is the explosive rune. - starfries

I also got a negative score. Those 4 corruptions? I started with poison hands as the 2nd corruption, which really bites. :-) And although my background story says I was a skilled diplomat, my charisma was terribly low.

*You can still give criminals to the sheriff for gold.
    *L6 power: you do +1 damage with two-handed weapons every odd level.

Well, there goes my evening.
    Hoping to win with every class, doomed. Archer, Barbarian, Bard, Beastfighter, Druid, Elementalist, Farmer, Fighter, Monk, and ULE Priest down.

Christmas break as of today, so yeah. Thanks for pointing out the corruptions, I did not know why I was teleporting, Thought it was an innate power.

The old barbarian calls you a damn traitor.

It is possible to change alignment. It just takes a lot. I think that you're bottom of the alignment range and going from C- to NC took me a little over 200 gp (sacced 1gp at a time on a neutral altar). There's a new problem, though. Once you've changed alignment to N (and I assume L) you get the following message: "You feel fiery pain in your stomach!". You lose 1HP for this. Candle is pretty much a must if you want to convert early.
    Once you're no longer of chaotic alignment, you can take the old barbarian/little girl/carpenter quests. The sheriff just tells you to get out or he'll teach you about law.
    I might have just imagined this (1AM and I've got a fever) but did my stats just drop when converting? Can anyone check this?

Lvl12 class power is nice. Gain a speed bonus of +1d12, newly determined each turn.
    Last edited by Chris; 12-06-2012 at 11:03 PM.

They start with full plate armour (-4, -8) [-6, -9], and usually have horned helmet, metal girdle, cloak, gauntlets and iron boots too, so big chance of mega PV. Weapon is usually scythe. Heir item is chaotic battle axe of slaughtering (+0, 2d8+3).

All their background text was written by me
    Platinum Edition ADOMer
    http://gamesofgrey.com - check out my roguelikes!

I think it's not possible to change alignment from C-. I sacced a bunch of gold one a a time and stayed C-.
    what about an amulet of Law / Balance, healing injured folks, offering peace, etc?

Troll starts with huge iron hammer - 2d9+2 damage! And I just generated one with 37 starting strength (and none of that was from corruptions).
    Platinum Edition ADOMer

Level 6 class power: get +1 damage with 2-handed weapons every odd level.

If you haven't tried it yet, have a go at praying with a Chaos Knight.
    Platinum Edition ADOMer