Page 6 of 12 FirstFirst ... 2345678910 ... LastLast

Thread: Call for a Guidebook maintainer

As far as I know, the whole 'can I use info' issue is somewhat unique to ADOM because
    of its fanbase being innordinately polite and considerate (by internet standards anyway).

Soi and I are happy to flame each other stupid though, so maybe we are a bad influence
    and shouldn't be too influential here
    "Whip me!" pleads the adom player. The rng replies... "No."

"The first thing we do, let's kill all of the lawyers."
    Hoping to win with every class, doomed. Archer, Barbarian, Bard, Beastfighter, Druid, Elementalist, Farmer, Fighter, Monk, and ULE Priest down.

Quote Originally Posted by Soirana View Post
    Well, maybe patent is not correct in english terminology. But last time I checked Intelectual property included "discoveries and inventions"...
    But the things that you discover are details of algorithms that TB coded, so if someone holds a copyright/patent for that, it would be TB

But no, seriously, this kind of things aren't patentable. Patents are for very specific things (inventions in the sense of a device that does something, not ideas in general).

In this case the presentation can be copyrighted, the idea can't. The important thing is to make sure that whatever wiki is used has a liberal license.

Quote Originally Posted by Al-Khwarizmi View Post
    In this case the presentation can be copyrighted, the idea can't. The important thing is to make sure that whatever wiki is used has a liberal license.
    No problem - I just scrap some sort of script which will delete few years worth of mine posts. Sure it will be improvement.
    So far rolled 15 casters with RoDS and shamelessly killed them within 200 turns. For eternium glory!
    (after 15 I stopped counting...)

No problem - I just scrap some sort of script which will delete few years worth of mine posts. Sure it will be improvement.
    You do realise that the content remains in the history, right?

EDIT: Also, you're trying to remove more than just your additions, as other people have contributed to articles, too.

Quote Originally Posted by Aielyn View Post

EDIT: Also, you're trying to remove more than just your additions, as other people have contributed to articles, too.
    Since I do not reason they should remove my contribution in their articles I think it comes better than fair on their end.

Since I do not reason they should remove my contribution in their articles I think it comes better than fair on their end.
    http://www.wikia.com/Terms_of_Use

"You understand and agree that the others may, but are not obligated to, edit, delete or remove (without notice) any content from the Service, for any reason or no reason. You also represent and warrant that you own or have the necessary licenses, rights, releases, consents, and permissions to direct the Company to copy, store, publish, display, and distribute your content via the Service."

Fairly sure it was different than I signed in.
    Worst case I scrap 50-100 bucks to hack that whole site in oblivion. No biggies.

Soi, I have diligently been making copies of all your posts for years. If ever I see one missing, I will
    create 'Soirana Jr.' account and repost them all.
    "Whip me!" pleads the adom player. The rng replies... "No."

I don't really understand what the discussion is about. It's pretty cool that Sorrow is starting a new wiki without ads, isn't it? It makes little sense to worry now where it will be in ten years. And it's not as if we have to choose between a wiki or a guidebook.. both can exist at the same time, as they have for the last few years.

As for the discussion about copyrights, I think I'm missing something. According to the OP, Andy Williams is no longer worried about his work being reused, so.. ?
    You steal a scroll labelled HITME. The orc hits you.