Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: Wishing help requested

Wands of wishing are indestructible... take your time.

Ring of weakness is a good choice, although some people consider them very scummy. Be sure you understand how to use it before you equip it. A girdle of giant strength is a decent alternative.

Since it sounds like it is pretty early in the game, you might want to think about food preservation to get some nice corpse benefits. I wouldn't really bother with any other skills for a barbarian, unless you want to use scrolls of education and hope to get alertness (pretty unlikely).

Rings of ice aren't necessary for the ToEF, but they're nice to have if you have particularly vulnerable equipment (such as the aforementioned GoGS). If you're really concerned about the ToEF (and have already checked Darkforge), red dragon armor isn't a horrible option. A ring of elemental mastery or bracers of resistance might also be worth considering depending on exactly how far along you are.

A wand of paralyzation is not a bad option. They aren't extremely rare, so it's harder to justify using a wish on one normally, but they're wicked powerful. A heavy crossbow of accuracy is a similar sort of deal.

If you have the right resources available to you to handle the situation, wishing for either an ancient karmic wyrm or an emperor moloch can yield a huge experience bonanza that will make the game quite a bit easier. Note that both of these will summon extremelydangerous monsters, so be sure to take proper precautions.

If you're going for an ultra ending and need Gaab'Baay's stuff, everything except a farmer corpse is wishable.

I would save at least one wish for emergency supplies, such as extra SoCR, pots of youth, or a wand of destruction.
    Hoping to win with every class, doomed. Archer, Barbarian, Bard, Beastfighter, Druid, Elementalist, Farmer, Fighter, Monk, and ULE Priest down.

ancient karmic wyrm
    If you have a wand of magic missiles + booze,
    then just invis yourself and bolt the guy to death.
    It will take ~25 bolts, but it yields so much exp.
    it almost breaks the game. If you slow yourself
    and invis the dragon, it's even more rewarding.
    "Whip me!" pleads the adom player. The rng replies... "No."

Almost? I would say definitely.

Anyway, considering Wish is almost the Captain Scarlet of the wand world, I would save a few wishes for a rainy day... go for the RoWeakness and Food Preservation right now, and keep the rest until you know you need them... But then, I am a hoarder...

Thanks for all the advice.

Ok, concentration is out : if I understand correctly an orcish barb is not going to be a caster, no matter what.

I already have some 7 leagues boots. Found them at a quite steep price in the black market. Worth the gold scumming anyway.

I have not raided darkforge yet, I'm only level 12. A little early IMHO. But I generally find some good weapons here. So I'll wait to wish for weapons until after the raid.

For the tower, I'm far from ready to undertake it. I'll wish any items just before if needed.

I think I'll use one on "food preservation", get it up a few levels then wish for a ring of weakness and do the ogre tribe. I doubt I'll be able to fight with the ring on so I'll have to rely on food preservation to keep the corpses fresh until I can put the ring on and off, doing it only once. IIRC, it is auto cursing, so it will cost some precious resources to take it off again and again.

I'll decide tonight when I'm back from work.

Try not to crush yourself to death before your meal

You don't need the ogre tribe to make the ring of weakness effective. Just drop 95% of your gear, and walk around strained with it on for awhile. You should be able to fight... somewhat. Try to avoid kicking walls with it on though.
    Hoping to win with every class, doomed. Archer, Barbarian, Bard, Beastfighter, Druid, Elementalist, Farmer, Fighter, Monk, and ULE Priest down.

Add 2-3 wishes for PoEx and scum the wilderness for ogres and you can get all of your stats to 99. Might be able to learn spells then. =P

When wearing a ring of weakness and strength scumming, does your Strength actually improve beyond 2, or does it stay 2 but it "remembers" how many strength increases you've gotten, and applies them after you remove it?

Quote Originally Posted by Sadface View Post
    When wearing a ring of weakness and strength scumming, does your Strength actually improve beyond 2, or does it stay 2 but it "remembers" how many strength increases you've gotten, and applies them after you remove it?
    You will see strength increases occurring with the ring. However, every time you increase your strength, the ring will also take one more point away, so you never actually see any gains until you remove it.

Quote Originally Posted by Sami View Post
    rings of ice > fireproof blankets (imo) if you are going to spend a wish on them. Even if you have a fireproof blanket, rings of ice might still be worth of a wish.
    I just hate the ring of ice messages.