Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Extending availability of prereleases

Quote Originally Posted by Al-Khwarizmi View Post
    I personally wouldn't care either, but I guess TB can't do that because maybe someone among the hundreds of people that donated $25 or more would care...

But I think making some prereleases public would be fine. The text of the $25 donation level says that you get access to "all prerelease builds". So if everyone gets access to all the prereleases, someone could feel cheated, but not if non-donors get access to only some prereleases from time to time.
    Exactly this. Making all prereleases public - even if a majority of the 25$ donors would agree - would be going back on a word, and that's unthinkable. But the campaign itself never outright said "If you don't donate at the 25$ level, you will not be able to play any of the public prereleases until ADOM 1.2.0 comes out (which might be a year or so)". Because if that should the case, I and anyone else who contributed or thought about contributing would have liked to know beforehand.
    ADOM Guides - whatever you wanted to know about playing a certain class, but have been afraid to ask!

Check out my youtube channel to see my ADOM videos, including a completed playthrough of the game. I try to give instructions, so if you want to see some place you haven't been before and get some hints on how to deal with it, this might help! There's also some other games featured there that you might find interesting.

$25 donator here. I don't care who else gets in. I don't even care if everyone else gets in, but I appreciate you don't want to go back on your word.

Sell them latecommer prerelease passes for $40 or something. Everybody wins.

40$ for newcomers seems a bit steep. I was imagining either 25$ (same as during the campaign) or 30$ (slightly higher to account for the additional off-schedule work of adding all those new people to the prerelease tester list). But of course the final decision rests with Thomas.
    Playing since gamma 10, when necklaces looked like &s. Lithium man. Brass + Lithium. OCG. Illiterate barb. One race and one class to go.

Selling prerelease access seems to be the best course of action: it'd bring in more revenue and increase the number of testers.

Prerelease 5 is now publicly available, Thomas will announce it later.
    “It's a cruel and random world, but the ChAoS is all so beautiful.” ― Hiromu Arakawa

Quote Originally Posted by jt View Post
    Very nice - looking forward to seeing the new corruptions by myself.
    "And light there be!"

Quote Originally Posted by jt View Post
    Thank you. I had just finished suggesting to someone to not bother following ADOM development because we were virtually stuck with "only" p1. I have now happily amended that suggestion.

Exclamation Okay, some function keys don't work in p5.

I would like to mention for any p5 players that Issue 1356 - F2-F5 does not change tactics exists in this version. I hope you don't waste 45 minutes troubleshooting it like I just did

Just use the the old shift-t and +/-.

"You are logged into the ADOM: The Resurrection portal to manage all data that is required for your pledge level (Prelease Access)."
    But where can I find download area?

Quote Originally Posted by cromat View Post
    "You are logged into the ADOM: The Resurrection portal to manage all data that is required for your pledge level (Prelease Access)."
    But where can I find download area?
    http://www.ancardia.com/secure with the username and password you were (hopefully) given.