Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Thread: Pre-release 8 now available

Trollish War Club? Never saw that before.

Energy ripples means that your God is refilling your PP as part of the prayer, I think. Best to have full HP/PP before you crown. You should get "-god- does not respond" or something for a non-prayer.

Is it saying that your god is absolutely close to you?
    Hoping to win with every class, doomed. Archer, Barbarian, Bard, Beastfighter, Druid, Elementalist, Farmer, Fighter, Monk, and ULE Priest down.

Quote Originally Posted by JellySlayer View Post
    Energy ripples means that your God is refilling your PP as part of the prayer, I think. Best to have full HP/PP before you crown. You should get "-god- does not respond" or something for a non-prayer.

Is it saying that your god is absolutely close to you?

wasn't looking at that but will make sure--but I've never found I had to be at absolutely close to crown before--for precrowning yes, but not for crowning.

crowning is absolutely close, precrowning is extremely close (same level of piety, and moving off required alignment means you get precrowned instead of crowned). although sometimes (always? I don't precrown) precrowning means you only get the very close message and not absolutely close when trying to crown.

perhaps you got crowned by accident? did you get an immunity?
    gate closers: GeWi GnMo(unarmed) DeAs/Pa/Mi(staves)/Ra GePr DrBb HrMo | p7: MeBf | p17: GnPr | p20: DrDu GnAs DeCk MeWp OrBf GnTh MeHe | R57: MeDu | R101: DrAs (26,674 turns) GnDu (26,748) DrAs (18,533)
    ULE: HeRa — OCG: DeMi
    currently speedrunning DrAs.

Quote Originally Posted by Mobius View Post
    Trollish War Club? Never saw that before.
    They're the starting weapon for troll duelists.

Quote Originally Posted by SirTheta View Post
    crowning is absolutely close, precrowning is extremely close (same level of piety, and moving off required alignment means you get precrowned instead of crowned). although sometimes (always? I don't precrown) precrowning means you only get the very close message and not absolutely close when trying to crown.

perhaps you got crowned by accident? did you get an immunity?
    I was able to eventually with more saccing, but did not need to get to absolutely close--I've always found absolutely is necessary for pre- but not for crowning itself. that held this time, it just took more than it usually does.

I don't mean to keep arguing with you, but you are incorrect. If you get a message about your deity being absolutely close to you, then you are eligible to be crowned. extremely close is the counter-part for pre- and post-crowning. The same amount of piety is needed for the first precrown as is needed for a crowning (without a precrown before it), the messages are simply different. If you attempt to precrown as a neutral, you'll almost certainly be N= by the time you get enough piety, so you will get the message "absolutely close." After modifying your alignment (perhaps killing something that is neutral, to drop you to N-), one can pray and be precrowned instead of crowned. That does not mean, however, that "absolutely close" corresponds to precrowning because it doesn't. Now, after all that, it often happens when you are precrowned that you do not get the "absolutely close" message upon reaching enough piety to crown--one only gets the "very close" message and nothing else. I believe this is a bug that has been fixed in some of the newer versions, but there you have it.
    gate closers: GeWi GnMo(unarmed) DeAs/Pa/Mi(staves)/Ra GePr DrBb HrMo | p7: MeBf | p17: GnPr | p20: DrDu GnAs DeCk MeWp OrBf GnTh MeHe | R57: MeDu | R101: DrAs (26,674 turns) GnDu (26,748) DrAs (18,533)
    ULE: HeRa — OCG: DeMi
    currently speedrunning DrAs.

Quote Originally Posted by SirTheta View Post
    I don't mean to keep arguing with you, but you are incorrect. If you get a message about your deity being absolutely close to you, then you are eligible to be crowned. extremely close is the counter-part for pre- and post-crowning. The same amount of piety is needed for the first precrown as is needed for a crowning (without a precrown before it), the messages are simply different. If you attempt to precrown as a neutral, you'll almost certainly be N= by the time you get enough piety, so you will get the message "absolutely close." After modifying your alignment (perhaps killing something that is neutral, to drop you to N-), one can pray and be precrowned instead of crowned. That does not mean, however, that "absolutely close" corresponds to precrowning because it doesn't. Now, after all that, it often happens when you are precrowned that you do not get the "absolutely close" message upon reaching enough piety to crown--one only gets the "very close" message and nothing else. I believe this is a bug that has been fixed in some of the newer versions, but there you have it.
    ^ True story. Although, I'm not sure about the bugfix at the end there.

Does anyone have a comprehensive list of duelist starting weapons? Because I would love to see that.

Does ventriloquism work while having the tentacle mouth corruption?
    Playing since gamma 10, when necklaces looked like &s. Lithium man. Brass + Lithium. OCG. Illiterate barb. One race and one class to go.