Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: White necromancy for other races?

Default White necromancy for other races?

I'm playing a HE necromancer right now, because I wanted to test whether a N or L necromancer of other races would be able to use white necromancy like the mist elves. I haven't been able to become lawful yet, but at NL the skill doesn't give me the option of using lumps of clay in my inventory.

Has anyone else tried this? Is White Necro. meant to be for mist elves only, or is it something that other races should get too? What do you think? I think it makes good thematic sense for dwarves and gnomes, for example, not just elves.

Ben

I haven't tested, but if that is possible it is a bug. I don't really like the idea either to be honest, white necromancy is meant to be a strange, exotic form of magic unique to mist elves.
    You steal a scroll labelled HITME. The orc hits you.

It is unique to mist elves, to my knowledge.
    gate closers: GeWi GnMo(unarmed) DeAs/Pa/Mi(staves)/Ra GePr DrBb HrMo | p7: MeBf | p17: GnPr | p20: DrDu GnAs DeCk MeWp OrBf GnTh MeHe | R57: MeDu | R101: DrAs (26,674 turns) GnDu (26,748) DrAs (18,533)
    ULE: HeRa — OCG: DeMi
    currently speedrunning DrAs.

Yeah, it's unique to Mist Elves. What's funny is it can only be used if you are N or L, but all ME Necros start off C! So not only is it restriced by race, it's also restricted by alignment. And you can only use lumps of clay.

Most overly-specific form of magic? Yes sir. Thomas must really love Mist Elves - they are the most unique race, and they have a gigantic background log... :P

Well, necromancy is a racial skill for mist elves, so any class can use it, not just necromancers.
    gate closers: GeWi GnMo(unarmed) DeAs/Pa/Mi(staves)/Ra GePr DrBb HrMo | p7: MeBf | p17: GnPr | p20: DrDu GnAs DeCk MeWp OrBf GnTh MeHe | R57: MeDu | R101: DrAs (26,674 turns) GnDu (26,748) DrAs (18,533)
    ULE: HeRa — OCG: DeMi
    currently speedrunning DrAs.

Good point, I forgot to mention that, though I never specifically said it was limited to Necromancers... :P

I actually did make a ME Paladin earlier in an attempt to try Necromancy, but I didn't get any clay before I inevitably died to a trap.

The only monster I've ever been able to make with white necromancy has been a homunculus. Granted, I've never bothered to get the skill above 50...
    Hoping to win with every class, doomed. Archer, Barbarian, Bard, Beastfighter, Druid, Elementalist, Farmer, Fighter, Monk, and ULE Priest down.

Quote Originally Posted by JellySlayer View Post
    The only monster I've ever been able to make with white necromancy has been a homunculus. Granted, I've never bothered to get the skill above 50...
    Code:
    --------------------------------------- Choose the type of being you want to create ---------------------------------------

Unliving being                                                                                                  Mana Cost

[A]  Homunculus.................................................................................................... 2
      [B]  Clay statue................................................................................................... 4
      [C]  Stone statue.................................................................................................. 6
      [D]  Clay golem.................................................................................................... 10
      [E]  Stone golem................................................................................................... 16
    They have same "enabling" level mechanics as normal necromany

Gargoyles would be an interesting addition to the list.

Is it just me, or is that a lot of Mana? I'm just going to assume that that is a code-dived amount, and if you were actually leveling up a ME the Mana cost would be reduced. I mean, 16 seems like a lot for a Stone Golem. I didn't think those things were very strong, though I might be confusing them with something else.

Hmm... I don't think ME Necros start with any clay, do they? Think it's worth an RFE?