Page 1 of 7 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: The 'suggest a Greater Vault layout/monster combination' thread

Default The 'suggest a Greater Vault layout/monster combination' thread

per http://www.adom.de/forums/project.ph...1495#note10167, TB would at least consider adding some new greater vaults. It'd be nice to refine some ideas in this thread and submit them in a presentable & coherent form (not that we'll ever all agree on anything, but hey!). I probably won't partake because I'm terribly uncreative, but I did want to get the ball rolling.
    gate closers: GeWi GnMo(unarmed) DeAs/Pa/Mi(staves)/Ra GePr DrBb HrMo | p7: MeBf | p17: GnPr | p20: DrDu GnAs DeCk MeWp OrBf GnTh MeHe | R57: MeDu | R101: DrAs (26,674 turns) GnDu (26,748) DrAs (18,533)
    ULE: HeRa — OCG: DeMi
    currently speedrunning DrAs.

I'm going to stick with my original suggestion of a mixed greater vault. Mixed regular vaults are already in ADOM and are quite challenging. Mixed greater vaults, all the moreso. For the bosses, I'd suggest a random top tier monster: Balors, greater molochs, chaos warlords, emperor liches, greater titans, doppleganger kings, etc.

Another idea: Epic giant vault. Assortment of frost giant berserkers, frost giant jarls, fire giant kings. Deeper in you'd find regular titans with greater titan bosses.
    Hoping to win with every class, doomed. Archer, Barbarian, Bard, Beastfighter, Druid, Elementalist, Farmer, Fighter, Monk, and ULE Priest down.

(some of below have been suggested before)

Golem vault with up to eternium golems.
    Jelly vault with assortment of jellies including death oozes and maybe stone oozes too.
    Vault full of eyes.
    Lawful vault with unicorns, ki-rins, holy slayers and solars, maybe surrounded by dwarf guardians in an outer sanctum (all should be neutral toward L characters unless provoked).
    Werevault with werewolves, werewolf lords and werewolf kings.
    Submerged vault (underground lake) of water creatures.
    Last edited by grobblewobble; 01-10-2013 at 01:43 PM.
    You steal a scroll labelled HITME. The orc hits you.

Chaos vaults with chaos warlords, warriors, wizards, mutants, plague bearers...

Anybody know exactly how many monster types there are in single greater vaults? 5?
    You hit Andor Drakon, the ElDeR cHaOs GoD, and severely wound him.
    The greater balor summons some help!
    The ratling duelist disarms you. You drop your blessed Trident of the Red Rooster (+36, 6d12+18) [+12, +12]. It flies to the west.
    Andor Drakon, the ElDeR cHaOs GoD, picks up the blessed Trident of the Red Rooster (+36, 6d12+18) [+12, +12].
    Andor Drakon, the ElDeR cHaOs GoD, wields the blessed Trident of the Red Rooster (+36, 6d12+18) [+12, +12].

You know, Jelly, that 'epic giant vault' would be a good replacement for the current giant vault, which is far too easy for a greater vault (maybe just one greater titan boss, like in GUV, though, with titan as regular 'boss' = Lich King).
    gate closers: GeWi GnMo(unarmed) DeAs/Pa/Mi(staves)/Ra GePr DrBb HrMo | p7: MeBf | p17: GnPr | p20: DrDu GnAs DeCk MeWp OrBf GnTh MeHe | R57: MeDu | R101: DrAs (26,674 turns) GnDu (26,748) DrAs (18,533)

Quote Originally Posted by SirTheta View Post
    You know, Jelly, that 'epic giant vault' would be a good replacement for the current giant vault, which is far too easy for a greater vault (maybe just one greater titan boss, like in GUV, though, with titan as regular 'boss' = Lich King).
    Different greater vault configurations have different numbers of bosses. Most of them have only one boss, but there's one configuration (big open area with a small room in the middle) that has 12 IIRC. Usually 12 emperor liches is a good enough reason to just move along...

[edit]
    Chaos vaults with chaos warlords, warriors, wizards, mutants, plague bearers...

Anybody know exactly how many monster types there are in single greater vaults? 5?
    My memory is that there are 5 types of dragon vault, plus giants and undead. Non-red dragon vaults are very rare though...
    Last edited by JellySlayer; 01-10-2013 at 02:32 PM.
    Hoping to win with every class, doomed. Archer, Barbarian, Bard, Beastfighter, Druid, Elementalist, Farmer, Fighter, Monk, and ULE Priest down.

I think no GUV configurations has more than one emperor lich though, even the small room in the middle one, which has lich kings on all but one of the artifacts/gold as 'minor' bosses, and an emp lich in the middle of the room with another lich king. I think titan / greater titans are basically analogous.

You can have 12 emperor liches in a greater undead vault. This configuration always has 12 bosses:

Code:
           ########################          ###########################
         ###......................###        #......./........./.......#
        ##...............[..........##       #.@.....###########.......#
       ##*?[..[=.}....(..............##      #.......#         #.......#
      ##.$.%..[.......................##     #.......#         #.....[.# #######
     ##....[...################.../....##    #.......#         #.......# #.....#
    ##.........#..../.........#.........##   #########         #####.#/###...>.#
    #......[...#~(......[*[...#.[......}*#########                 #.#.........#
    #....../'.[#.....([.%.......[..*...(.........#########         #.###########
    #...[....[[#....[.%((.....#..........#######./...'...#         #.#
    ##/[...?...#..............#.(.......##     ###..(....#         #/#########
     ##........################........##        #.......#         #.........#
      ##.........................]....##         #.......###########.........#
       ##............................##          #......./........./.(.......#
        ##...[%.....................##           ###################.........#
         ###!.....................###                              #........%#
           ########################                                ###########

I have had that configuration for a GUV vault and there was one emperor lich--located in the middle, next to a Lich King. I snagged the snazzy crown of leadership from a lich king who was standing on one of the corners near the entrance; the other corner also had a lich king.

Granted, I've seen but one GUV in that format, so I will certainly believe you that it is possible to have 12 emp liches in that room, but I was always under the impression that lich kings were the 'minor' bosses (lots of them) and emp liches were the big, bad boss (one of them).

Other ideas:

Greater minotaur vault. Up to minotaur kings/mages.
    Greater quickling vault. With kings and queens.
    Greater "beast" vault. Hydras, swamp hydras, gorgons, dorn beasts, ki-rins (basically any monster that looks like an 'F'). Possibly throw in some greater claw bugs and killer bugs?
    Greater summoner vault. Black wizards, shadow wyrms, skeletal kings, werewolf lords/kings, dark elf priestesses, chaos wizards, possibly balor as top monster.