Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst ... 2345678 LastLast

Thread: Pre-release 9 is now avaliable

It's a really small chance, too and very erratic. It doesn't seem to be a simple 1 in N chance but something more complicated. Sometimes it works twice in a row, then it fails one hundred times next.

Here's a savegame if anyone wants to try it. Balthaza.zip
    Last edited by grobblewobble; 01-17-2013 at 04:25 PM.
    You steal a scroll labelled HITME. The orc hits you.

Quote Originally Posted by Jursk View Post
    Archers must have happy times, with other characters fletchery sets have been very common, probably 3-4 sets before dwarftown with every char..bandages are also very common..
    Well, both items were very rare before. I imagine that if archers have the same chances of finding fletchery sets as other races, they pretty much rely on their starting one. And by the time you find your first bandages with a non-healer PC, they are useless because you can 'a'pply a leveled-up First Aid skill or just wait bleeding out.

Quote Originally Posted by Batman? View Post
    maybe the least useful special power ever.
    It's something!
    "And light there be!"

Thunderstroke returns, too.

Quote Originally Posted by grobblewobble View Post
    The silver key now has a small chance to create a door if you use it on an empty space.
    I think a better special power would be that using it would take no game time, like stethoscopes with healers. Creating doors out of nowhere feels... silly.
    You hit Andor Drakon, the ElDeR cHaOs GoD, and severely wound him.
    The greater balor summons some help!
    The ratling duelist disarms you. You drop your blessed Trident of the Red Rooster (+36, 6d12+18) [+12, +12]. It flies to the west.
    Andor Drakon, the ElDeR cHaOs GoD, picks up the blessed Trident of the Red Rooster (+36, 6d12+18) [+12, +12].
    Andor Drakon, the ElDeR cHaOs GoD, wields the blessed Trident of the Red Rooster (+36, 6d12+18) [+12, +12].

Anyhow, I have to bring up how pleased I am due to the recent flurry of ADOM development. Thomas, you rock, woohoo!
    AKA Nezur.

Here is a sample of Thrundarr random monster quest monsters. It was generated by heading directly to Thrundarr and then repeated savescumming for new quests until I was too bored. The character was level 6.

The number behind each monster tells how many times it was assigned in the sample, I sorted the list from most frequent to least frequent.

Code:
    ratling duelist 6    
    skeletal warrior 6  
    mummy 5  
    berserker lord 5
    fomorian giant 5  
    stone golem 5
    crystal statue 5 
    ratling warlord 4   
    chaos plague bearer 4      
    fire drake 4 
    annis hag 4  
    stone statue 4
    clay golem 3
    dark orc 3
    troll 3
    master swordsman 3
    vapor rat 3
    gargoyle 3  
    white baby dragon 3
    doppleganger lord 2
    hill giant 2  
    ettin 2
    wraith 2 
    tarantula 2
    ratling master thief 2
    de priestess 1
    carrion crawler 1
    mimic 1
    black wizard 1
    cave bear 1
    eye of destruction 1
    yellow ooze 1
    leucrotta 1
    outlaw leader 1
    staring eye 1
    hell hound 1
    chaos rat 1
    dire wolf 1
    dark elven lord 1
    griffon 1
    large snake 1
    flesh golem 1

Silver key always creates a door if you have enough PP, otherwise it fails. I just bought it at the Black Market for 14k gp (GE merchant, with all 4 wealth talents :-) ) and it's already coming in handy for walling off cats.

At the moment it looks like it costs about 20PP to create a door. It might be half my current PP, kind of like the Phial. Will update as this clarifies.

Quote Originally Posted by requin View Post
    Only mist elf necromancer has this gift, others are still having of slaughtering.
    Doesnt anyone else consider ME necromancer heir gift overpowered? Frozen (+2d6) quarterstaff of devastation 5d10+6 for a max damage of 68.

Quote Originally Posted by requin View Post
    Doesnt anyone else consider ME necromancer heir gift overpowered? Frozen (+2d6) quarterstaff of devastation 5d10+6 for a max damage of 68.
    What about of vampirism? It'd fit more thematically for necros too, right?
    You hit Andor Drakon, the ElDeR cHaOs GoD, and severely wound him.
    The greater balor summons some help!
    The ratling duelist disarms you. You drop your blessed Trident of the Red Rooster (+36, 6d12+18) [+12, +12]. It flies to the west.
    Andor Drakon, the ElDeR cHaOs GoD, picks up the blessed Trident of the Red Rooster (+36, 6d12+18) [+12, +12].
    Andor Drakon, the ElDeR cHaOs GoD, wields the blessed Trident of the Red Rooster (+36, 6d12+18) [+12, +12].

If you could keep an ME Necro alive, sure.

edit: frozen is very thematic for Necromancer; just consider their starting spell. No real change is needed here.
    gate closers: GeWi GnMo(unarmed) DeAs/Pa/Mi(staves)/Ra GePr DrBb HrMo | p7: MeBf | p17: GnPr | p20: DrDu GnAs DeCk MeWp OrBf GnTh MeHe | R57: MeDu | R101: DrAs (26,674 turns) GnDu (26,748) DrAs (18,533)
    ULE: HeRa — OCG: DeMi
    currently speedrunning DrAs.