Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ... 345678 LastLast

Thread: Pre-release 9 is now avaliable

Found this: barbed sabre of swiftness of the eagle (+1, 1d6+4) (+8 spd)
    I suspect that this sabre of swiftness is supposed to be similar to sword of swiftness? If so, then it is completely crap.

Necromancers are a difficult class to play, mist elves are a difficult race to play, staves are an underused weapon, so I don't think it's really bad that the mist elf necromancer gift is an OP staff. It may make mist elves more accessible for newbies, which is good.

Also remember that that staff isn't made of higher metal, so it's not trivial to make it last until the endgame.

Quote Originally Posted by AlterAsc View Post
    Found this: barbed sabre of swiftness of the eagle (+1, 1d6+4) (+8 spd)
    I suspect that this sabre of swiftness is supposed to be similar to sword of swiftness? If so, then it is completely crap.
    Swiftness normally gives +5 speed. Maybe you are thinking of sword of sharpness?
    Hoping to win with every class, doomed. Archer, Barbarian, Bard, Beastfighter, Druid, Elementalist, Farmer, Fighter, Monk, and ULE Priest down.

Oh, yes of course i meant sword of sharpness.
    So does it mean that 2 suffixes are possible now?
    Necromancers are a difficult class to play
    About as difficult as a wizard and that's, hm, not too difficult.

sabre of swiftness isn't a bad weapon for the early game, actually. (they are their own item).

lol that you think Necro is about as difficult as Wizard.
    gate closers: GeWi GnMo(unarmed) DeAs/Pa/Mi(staves)/Ra GePr DrBb HrMo | p7: MeBf | p17: GnPr | p20: DrDu GnAs DeCk MeWp OrBf GnTh MeHe | R57: MeDu | R101: DrAs (26,674 turns) GnDu (26,748) DrAs (18,533)
    ULE: HeRa — OCG: DeMi
    currently speedrunning DrAs.

"sabre of swiftness" is its own item. The fact that it's affixable is probably a bug.
    ADOM, where the most commonly used letter in the alphabet is the explosive rune. - starfries

So, this sabre of swiftness is its own item and it's only property that makes it better than basic sabre is +8 spd? Great item, what else can i say.
    lol that you think
    No, i don't think. I simply won with both wizard and necro and it was pretty much the same.

Seriously, what the heck is your beef with the sabre of swiftness? Oh no, it only gives +8spd?! Not every item has to slay demons and humanoids, jeez.

Yes, you do think. Necros and Wizards aren't even close to the same in anything: skill advancement, finding spellbooks, learning, aptitude for learning spells, starting spellbook(s), class powers...I could easily go on, but they are nowhere near comparable in terms of easiness. [and this is surely more pronounced in the prereleases]
    gate closers: GeWi GnMo(unarmed) DeAs/Pa/Mi(staves)/Ra GePr DrBb HrMo | p7: MeBf | p17: GnPr | p20: DrDu GnAs DeCk MeWp OrBf GnTh MeHe | R57: MeDu | R101: DrAs (26,674 turns) GnDu (26,748) DrAs (18,533)
    ULE: HeRa — OCG: DeMi
    currently speedrunning DrAs.

Quote Originally Posted by AlterAsc View Post
    So, this sabre of swiftness is its own item and it's only property that makes it better than basic sabre is +8 spd? Great item, what else can i say.

No, i don't think. I simply won with both wizard and necro and it was pretty much the same.
    They may end the same, but they certainly don't start the same. Wizards are very easy in the early game, Necros are very difficult.

Necros are just as good at finding spellbooks and learning spells as a wizard. Stat-wise they're almost identical, but with a little more toughness. The big difference if that they don't get the PP cost reductions at higher levels. But mostly they're pretty similar, and early game could be considered easier.
    Platinum Edition ADOMer
    http://gamesofgrey.com - check out my roguelikes!