Page 1 of 18 1234511 ... LastLast

Thread: Boss monsters

Default Boss monsters

As you know, 1.2p9 added boss monsters!
    Feel free to add your encounters with these guys, don't forget to use spoiler tags.

I like my women like my ADOM loot - hunted as treasure and in extra quantity.

Nuin.JPG
    Last edited by grobblewobble; 01-14-2013 at 06:11 AM. Reason: added spoiler tags
    You steal a scroll labelled HITME. The orc hits you.

I got an "You sense an imminent and blood-chilling threat..." message as I was descending SMC to UD. Must be the new message for boss monsters? Tempted to go back and check if it is still there, but I like my body intact!

Edit: I went back and died to an orcish tension room in the SMC that had no door. I've seen a few of these now in the pre-releases - bug or intentional?
    Last edited by biomateria; 01-14-2013 at 01:43 AM.

Edit: I went back and died to an orcish tension room in the SMC that had no door. I've seen a few of these now in the pre-releases - bug or intentional?
    I'd post an RFE or whatever about it either way.

My first one:

[edit]
    Another:

Bosses don't seem to have particularly exceptional amounts of HP or stats more than normal, and give approximately regular xps. I think go about 200 xps for the second boss. Don't remember what the first one was, but probably quite a bit less.
    Last edited by JellySlayer; 01-14-2013 at 06:21 AM.
    Hoping to win with every class, doomed. Archer, Barbarian, Bard, Beastfighter, Druid, Elementalist, Farmer, Fighter, Monk, and ULE Priest down.

they sometimes break down doors. Has happened to me in 1.1.1

Quote Originally Posted by JellySlayer View Post
    My first one:

[edit]
    Another:

Bosses don't seem to have particularly exceptional amounts of HP or stats more than normal, and give approximately regular xps. I think go about 200 xps for the second boss. Don't remember what the first one was, but probably quite a bit less.
    First one is Treasure Goblin from Diablo?
    Second one is definitely a Hound Of Tindalos

Met a few:

Also after closing the gate got 4th message on the way up, but didn't find the monster. I had unholy aura, might be responsible.

Is meeting or killing bosses in any way reflected in the final messages? If not, it would be awesome to have it: "(S)He managed to defeat the following boss monsters: ...".

Is meeting or killing bosses in any way reflected in the final messages? If not, it would be awesome to have it: "(S)He managed to defeat the following boss monsters: ...".
    There is no mention. Would be a nice addition.