Page 9 of 18 FirstFirst ... 5678910111213 ... LastLast

Thread: Boss monsters

Quote Originally Posted by Toffeeviola View Post
    I'd be all for giving them a wholly unique colour. Milk-chocolate brown, perhaps?
    Adding additional colours ranks somewhere between difficult and impossible, because of the technical infrastructure that ADOM is built on, I believe.

It is basically impossible, yes (I believe this is touched on in the recent Roguelike Radio interview. Suffice it to say: 16 colors is all you've got, for everything).
    gate closers: GeWi GnMo(unarmed) DeAs/Pa/Mi(staves)/Ra GePr DrBb HrMo | p7: MeBf | p17: GnPr | p20: DrDu GnAs DeCk MeWp OrBf GnTh MeHe | R57: MeDu | R101: DrAs (26,674 turns) GnDu (26,748) DrAs (18,533)
    ULE: HeRa — OCG: DeMi
    currently speedrunning DrAs.

Few more:

Left a normal corpse.

Like other people, I've happened upon multiple instances when the message was generated but no boss monster could be seen on the level, even with a blessed wand of monster detection. I suppose it's possible the boss got insta-killed by other monsters, but several times?

I ran into Soladnit again (hell hound that can walk through walls). The game doesn't give his introduction when he enters LOS, only when he enters a non-wall square in LOS. Has anyone else noticed stuff like this happening for these types of boss monsters?

Quote Originally Posted by paivi View Post
    Like other people, I've happened upon multiple instances when the message was generated but no boss monster could be seen on the level, even with a blessed wand of monster detection. I suppose it's possible the boss got insta-killed by other monsters, but several times?
    I agree, it happens often enough that it's probably a bug.
    You steal a scroll labelled HITME. The orc hits you.